Corsair Community

Typical fan speed?

SkeletronPrime

Hello!

I've owned a Corsair One Elite for a couple of months and have been enjoying it a lot. I've noticed that it's a little louder than expected, and having seen a few posts that show the main fan running at ~400RPMs, I'm wondering what's up with mine (at idle) averaging ~1300RPMs.

Is this OK? My house is currently a bit chilly, so it shouldn't be environmental.

Thanks!

Capture.PNG.364f639654a644441455af6732068164.PNG

Hmmm.... that wasn't what I was expecting to see and there does not appear to be varying fan curves. It is possible the Corsair One has specific control parameters different from the operation of stand alone devices. I think we need a One owner or someone from Corsair to confirm. They are very good about monitoring the Corsair One section of the forum.

If you boot up your c1, does it go into those fan speeds immediately or when getting into windows or a bit after getting into windows?

Interesting question. I just tested from a full shutdown after being unused for an hour or so. The fan speed never appears to change - I believe it starts at that ~1370 speed immediately. There is no ramp up prior to or after booting Windows.

• Corsair Employees
The CORSAIR ONE has its own preset parameter that cannot be adjusted by the user. Looking at the screenshot, your system is running fine. The ~2K RPM readings are from your pumps (CPU + GPU) and the 1100 RPM is from your GPU blower fan. If you have any other question please let me know.

The CORSAIR ONE has its own preset parameter that cannot be adjusted by the user. Looking at the screenshot, your system is running fine. The ~2K RPM readings are from your pumps (CPU + GPU) and the 1100 RPM is from your GPU blower fan. If you have any other question please let me know.

I think he was asking about the other fan that's running 1.3k rpm?

• Corsair Employees
That's the one. Never dips below approximately that speed, whereas other screenshots I've seen in this forum show it running at closer to 400RPMs.

It's definitely not quiet!

Oh my apologies, I missed that. That's definitely not normal. Have you open a ticket with us? Please PM me your ticket number.

• 2 weeks later...

I received my replacement via RMA (thank you) and the fan runs at the correct speed, although there is some pump noise I didn’t hear in the previous unit. Not terrible but noticeable.

Windows Updates finished last night, and this morning the C1 Elite is idling low to mid 40s. I haven’t installed any software. Is this expected? The previous unit ran quite a bit cooler.

Room temperature is about 17-18 degrees this morning.

Thanks...

33959235-6B76-4086-A31A-07AF04CCD23B.png.98c76a73929d7195ba5531d6c97c0fa9.png

70B4BE31-5A16-429F-8EAD-5F91C42AD7E6.png.199f50dd488b500501e4da34016bd872.png

Windows Updates finished last night, and this morning the C1 Elite is idling low to mid 40s. I haven’t installed any software. Is this expected? The previous unit ran quite a bit cooler.

Your old unit ran quite a bit cooler because the fan was running too fast (which is why you put in the RMA) :)

Pretty sure my C1 idles around 40-50 - I don't think this is an issue at all. Will look tonight. (But i don't have an elite so...)

Your old unit ran quite a bit cooler because the fan was running too fast (which is why you put in the RMA) :)

Good point!

(But i don't have an elite so...)

I just noticed that the device they sent me wasn't an Elite either, it's a refurbished Pro. Even if the innards are the same (?) the labeling devalues the unit for resale.

I would of thought there was a difference between the elite & pro! have to admit i don't know the model guts off by heart so...

From the website the Pro Plus and Elite share the same motherboard. The Pro Plus seems to have the upgraded CPU, and the Elite has the upgraded CPU and double the RAM. The non-Plus pro has a different motherboard.

Either way, the label on the bottom of my first C1 states "Corsair ONE Elite", and the other that came in a "certified refurbished" box states "Corsair ONE Pro" (not "Pro Plus").

I do think Corsair should consider not pushing the quietness of these as a selling point. Neither unit is "virtually inaudible". This new one has a high pitched oscillation that isn't loud, but I do find it annoying. It bothers my wife from across the room.

Edit: I've updated my ticket (788675) accordingly and am posting here since I feel this process is relevant to other users:

"I've not yet received the shipping label, but I will see if it arrives on Monday. The problem I have now is that you didn't ship me a new replacement Corsair One Elite, you shipped me a refurbished Pro with Elite innards. I've attached a picture of the label on the device.

Obviously this won't do - if I ever want to resell the unit I'll have problems with prospective buyers. Also, the new unit has an annoying high pitched oscillating sound at idle.

Can you please assist?

Thanks in advance."

Hopefully there will be a happy ending to this. It's no tragedy, but it is a £2700 device and it should be trouble free - or easily resolved when problems do arise.

It looks like everything is working normally now. But if you have any issue, do let me know.

Hi,

It is an issue that Corsair shipped me a refurbished unit labeled "Corsair Pro", rather than a "Corsair Elite". Should I decide to sell the unit, a buyer won't be happy. You just can't do that with a £2700 computer.

I tried going back to the original C1 since the issue seems to be with the fan connection rather than the device itself, but now one of the WiFi antenna connections on the back panel has come loose and there's no way for me to tighten it so it's wobbling about. That unit is going back to Corsair no matter what.

So, that leaves me with a unit labeled Corsair Pro which has an annoying noise.

I'm not thrilled...

was it something the support agent communicate to you before hand? I'll help look into the reason why you were shipped a different unit.

The support agent did say it was possible I’d be sent an upgraded unit but they’d let me know in advance. I took that to mean a newer version of the Elite, not a lower spec version that had been refurbished and upgraded. The word “refurbished” was definitely never used. I received no notification that I would be sent anything other than a replacement.

I’m sure you understand why this is a problem for resale apart from anything else, and I do appreciate your help.

Not a squeak out of Corsair Support.

I replied again just now:

"The C1E was picked up by DHL today. Please note that I also discovered that the right aerial mount is loose and wobbling. This may have contributed to poor WiFi that I hadn't mentioned earlier since I didn't know if it was related to the computer itself.

I am still awaiting a response regarding having been shipped a Corsair Pro with supposed Corsair One Elite internals. This isn't OK; you wouldn't expect Apple or any other name brand to Frankenstein together a replacement and ship it off to a customer, would you? I love the concept of the Corsair One Elite, but let's get this right. If I decide to sell this computer, I'll be in trouble.

Thanks... "

Archived