Corsair Community

I have a really stupid question

Top Dollar

I'm looking to finally take the plunge and get a gaming PC. I was wanting to get a horizontal HTPC to sit under my (rather marvelous) 55" 4K TV. I am not into tower PCs and never have been - yes, I'm one of those console gamer turncoats who wants the power of PC gaming in a console gaming experience. Sue me. :P

I also really want to get into VR gaming.

I was going to get the now discontinued Corsair Bulldog and build a 8700k/1080 ti setup myself (I'm also one of the freaks who actually liked the Bulldog design :P). But then I found out about the Corsair One and how it's pretty much everything I'm looking for - uber-small form factor, insanely quiet, and the most powerful components - all preassembled. And to top it all it has a HDMI port on the front for VR. AND it looks like something out of Tron. :sunglasse

It's only missing one attribute I needed - it's not horizontal. And it doesn't fit in my TV stand, even at such a small form factor. And due to my living room setup there's nowhere near my TV that it will really fit.

So my stupid question that I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to is this: can the Corsair One be put on its side and used horizontally? Obviously taking measures to elevate it and not block any vents etc. I know most normal gaming PCs can do this and many people do without issue - but the Corsair One ain't no ordinary gaming PC.

I'm sure the answer is a "No, obviously not, you stupid n00b..." but I thought I may as well ask and check before I get the thing.

i'm not Corsair in the slightest, so wait for one of them to answer. But my take on that is as follows:

It will need to be elevated so the side that's facing down can also act as an air intake, and it would not be stable due to it's rounded shape. Otherwise should physically work.

I also think you would need a custom stand to put it on.

There are some cases that look pretty good (which don't look as good as the C1) which are designed to be mounted in the way you want, but they at least 50% larger. Not sure if i'm allowed to post competitor links so I won't, but the tempered glass panels on the one i'm thinking about could show off corsair kit inside quite nicely, if that's your thing.

• Corsair Employees
I'm looking to finally take the plunge and get a gaming PC. I was wanting to get a horizontal HTPC to sit under my (rather marvelous) 55" 4K TV. I am not into tower PCs and never have been - yes, I'm one of those console gamer turncoats who wants the power of PC gaming in a console gaming experience. Sue me. :P

I also really want to get into VR gaming.

I was going to get the now discontinued Corsair Bulldog and build a 8700k/1080 ti setup myself (I'm also one of the freaks who actually liked the Bulldog design :P). But then I found out about the Corsair One and how it's pretty much everything I'm looking for - uber-small form factor, insanely quiet, and the most powerful components - all preassembled. And to top it all it has a HDMI port on the front for VR. AND it looks like something out of Tron. :sunglasse

It's only missing one attribute I needed - it's not horizontal. And it doesn't fit in my TV stand, even at such a small form factor. And due to my living room setup there's nowhere near my TV that it will really fit.

So my stupid question that I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to is this: can the Corsair One be put on its side and used horizontally? Obviously taking measures to elevate it and not block any vents etc. I know most normal gaming PCs can do this and many people do without issue - but the Corsair One ain't no ordinary gaming PC.

I'm sure the answer is a "No, obviously not, you stupid n00b..." but I thought I may as well ask and check before I get the thing.

There's no issue position it on one side horizontally, provided you keep the unit elevated like you have mentioned. As long as airflow is not restricted, you shouldn't have any issue.

Archived