Corsair Community

Fan going full blast

RohanV

I got a Corsair One Elite about a month ago. It's been good and quiet for most of that time.

Yesterday, one of the fans started going full blast, and is very noisy. It starts when the computer starts, and doesn't seem to stop or change, regardless of what is happening.

Attached is a picture of the Corsair Link screen after startup, with no other applications running. I believe the misbehaving fan is the GPU fan, given the GPU temperature, but I cannot find anywhere to adjust that fan.

Can anyone help me get the fans to quiet down to their previous state?

cpu_temp.thumb.jpg.4fefe905926181dabe7601a3c27b0160.jpg

yeah, that GPU fan is going pretty quick! The system one looks about the same speed as mine give or take.

If the issue is there before windows boots, then it's unlikely to be something that a change in Windows would sort, so i'd <think> it's going to be BIOS, except that's for the motherboard not the GPU...

If I had to take a guess at what would be the most likely fix, it would be reflashing the GPU bios.

I should add I am going on a bit of an assumption that fan is plugged into the GPU - i've not delved inside my C1 yet, having it been a very recent purchase!

It may be plugged into the motherboard because those fan headers are a lot easier to control...

• Corsair Employees
I got a Corsair One Elite about a month ago. It's been good and quiet for most of that time.

Yesterday, one of the fans started going full blast, and is very noisy. It starts when the computer starts, and doesn't seem to stop or change, regardless of what is happening.

Attached is a picture of the Corsair Link screen after startup, with no other applications running. I believe the misbehaving fan is the GPU fan, given the GPU temperature, but I cannot find anywhere to adjust that fan.

Can anyone help me get the fans to quiet down to their previous state?

This is interesting. Just to clarify, the 4K RPM reading is from the GPU cooler's pump, NOT the blower fan on the card.

We would love to get this unit back to analyze, can you open a ticket on our support site and PM me the ticket once you are done? Thank you.

This is interesting. Just to clarify, the 4K RPM reading is from the GPU cooler's pump, NOT the blower fan on the card.

We would love to get this unit back to analyze, can you open a ticket on our support site and PM me the ticket once you are done? Thank you.

ah, so what is the 2405 rpm reading on the screen shot?

I had been thinking the following:

Corsair One section:

"2170rpm CPU" - this was the CPU AIO pump speed

"2405rpm GPU" - this was the GPU AIO pump speed

"418rpm Fan" - this was the top fan

GPU section

"4726 rpm Fan" - this being the fan mounted directly on the GPU which was responsible for changing the emphasis of cooling from CPU <-> GPU

Archived