Corsair Community

Corsair One Overheating Problem

Wusiji

Hey everyone,

So I already submitted a ticket for this, but I just wanted to understand more about it.

I've had my Corsair One Elite for around 8 months, not a single problem. However, yesterday, I was playing the Division on Ultra, and all of the sudden, the screen shut off, and the fan started whirring extremely loud. I could not turn the screen back on until I reset the system. With my neolithic knowledge of computers, I knew that it had to have been something with the heat.

I checked Corsair Link and sure enough, my GPU and motherboard would peak at like 70c before shutting off.

I don't know why this happened out of nowhere, and I want to know if there's another fix for this before I go a few days without a computer (go progression raids for WoW lol). I tried resetting the CMOD or the motherboard, and I regularly clean for dust.

For regular use like now, the computer is fine, it's only for graphically intensive things that it shuts down.

I can totally be patient, I just wanted to know more about why this might have happened so suddenly. I included a picture of what it looks like on Link.

Thanks guys.

overheat.thumb.JPG.8cc30c5fab92108ad31d80b9c4af11a1.JPG

• Corsair Employees
Hey everyone,

So I already submitted a ticket for this, but I just wanted to understand more about it.

I've had my Corsair One Elite for around 8 months, not a single problem. However, yesterday, I was playing the Division on Ultra, and all of the sudden, the screen shut off, and the fan started whirring extremely loud. I could not turn the screen back on until I reset the system. With my neolithic knowledge of computers, I knew that it had to have been something with the heat.

I checked Corsair Link and sure enough, my GPU and motherboard would peak at like 70c before shutting off.

I don't know why this happened out of nowhere, and I want to know if there's another fix for this before I go a few days without a computer (go progression raids for WoW lol). I tried resetting the CMOD or the motherboard, and I regularly clean for dust.

For regular use like now, the computer is fine, it's only for graphically intensive things that it shuts down.

I can totally be patient, I just wanted to know more about why this might have happened so suddenly. I included a picture of what it looks like on Link.

Thanks guys.

The temperatures are actually okay. It sounds like a ribbon cable issue unfortunately. Can you provide me with the ticket number as well as the SN for the unit?

I have mine for about a year and I'm facing similar heat related issues. First, the GPU temp under load raised from stable ~65C (a few months ago) to about 73C today (room temperature hasn't increased to make up for the difference).

Then there are times when the GPU temp would just keep going up until eventually crashes the game or restarts (at around 80C). I wasn't able to find a predictable way to reproduce this.

I'd also want to know if anyone knows what the problem might be.

For the record, I've performed radiator/fan dusting.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived