Corsair Community

Corsair One Elite GPU problem in games

DomRambo

Hi

I have just purchased a Corsair One Elite and think I might have the PCI ribbon issue.

Using the PC mainly for work and it's fine crunching data and other office tasks.

However as soon as I start up a game within the first 5 minutes the screen gets covered with green or purple artifacts before BSOD.

I've been through similar threads on the forum and tried the possible fixes but to no avail.

I have sent a support ticket but just wondering on the timescale for getting it fixed / replaced?

Have you tried these steps?

1. Press DEL at boot up to get into BIOS.

2. Once in BIOS, press F7 to toggle Advanced mode.

3. Then, when under Settings, choose the Advanced settings.

4. Next, choose PCI Subsystems Settings.

5. Choose PEG0 - Max Link Speed and change the setting to Gen2.

Thanks I gave up on the ticket in the end and called the toll free support number instead and they advised me to talk to the company I bought it from first.

They were very helpful and are replacing it with a new unit. They even said they will test it first to make sure there are no problems.

Fingers crossed I should be back in business by next week!!!

Just as an aside the Corsair support guy was really good and my call was answered straight away.

If you are in the UK like me simply set up a VPN, use US as location and you can use Skype to make the call for free.

• 3 weeks later...

Update: I returned my Elite to Scan on 7th September. They tested it and thankfully they also found that the graphics cards was broken.

I waited a few extra days for my replacement as they agreed to stress test the new one.

On the 13th my new replacement arrived and so far so good. Highest settings on Far Cry 5 and Elder Scrolls Online and no problems.

Just need to find some time to fit in some gaming around my work!! :biggrin:

• Corsair Employees
Update: I returned my Elite to Scan on 7th September. They tested it and thankfully they also found that the graphics cards was broken.

I waited a few extra days for my replacement as they agreed to stress test the new one.

On the 13th my new replacement arrived and so far so good. Highest settings on Far Cry 5 and Elder Scrolls Online and no problems.

Just need to find some time to fit in some gaming around my work!! :biggrin:

I'm so glad to see this. Thank you for being patient in this. If you have any other question, let me know.

• 1 year later...

I just got my Corsair One Elite and I am experiencing this exact problem.

Most games I tried crashed at first. After updating windows, all drivers and Bios as well as lowering rendering details, only The Witcher 3 still freezes and crashes randomly.

GPU-Z log showed max GPU temp of 58c and CPU temp max 54c. However I got several spikes in power consumption% (103%) just before crashing

I did no changes to BIOS or elswhere.

Serial Number: 0001191695102

Please advice.

• Corsair Employees
I just got my Corsair One Elite and I am experiencing this exact problem.

Most games I tried crashed at first. After updating windows, all drivers and Bios as well as lowering rendering details, only The Witcher 3 still freezes and crashes randomly.

GPU-Z log showed max GPU temp of 58c and CPU temp max 54c. However I got several spikes in power consumption% (103%) just before crashing

I did no changes to BIOS or elswhere.

Serial Number: 0001191695102

Please advice.

Sorry to hear that. Which model of Corsair One do you have exactly?

Please create a support ticket with us as well please.

Sorry to hear that. Which model of Corsair One do you have exactly?

Please create a support ticket with us as well please.

Thanks for the reply.

I have the Corsair One Elite. Bought it as new from Inet here in Sweden.

Model nr: CS-9000014-UK/RF

S/N as above

I submitted a ticket.

Thanks

/Marcus

I found a custom OC profile in the BIOS - is this from factory or should I worry?

From my experience, the only time I got similar crashes was on fried nvidia cards on Dell laptops.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipOJlMd9Y_xbfO3W1wy88myqYZKkC-dmoxmL4zsky5kaFGsnXqPmEsZFVRjm3lHCkw/photo/AF1QipMZdc8ymimRadztiohIx_Yp-9cTyxChvWuK4ZKi?key=Vm5lVURkT2l0ckE0UDBOVHpYdUdldktuckNBN0Z3

Edited by Weiron

Hi forum.

I just learned that Inet.se sold me a refurbished computer. That was not stated on the product page where I bought it. They called it a "replacent product from the manufacturer" and in my world that is two different things. I would NEVER pay 2500 USD for a refurbished gaming PC.

I will try to find another vendor and buy myself a real NEW Corsair One with similar specs.

Maybe someone can point me to a good, reliable company?

Thanks

/Marcus