Corsair Community

Corsair one - nvidia rtx 2080 upgradeable

NME18

I know it's early days on the new RTX GPU range, but I've only just bought the Corsair One with the 1080ti and want to be sure the 2080 can be retrofitted in the One case at a slightly later date.

Dimensions are:

GTX 1080ti: Height 4.376" / Length 10.5" / Width 2-Slot

RTX 2080ti: Height 4.556" / Length 10.5" / Width 2-Slot

So looking at the size specs, if the current Corsair One internal has a little bit of headroom (with the cooler too) it might be okay.

Right/Wrong please - Corsair Tech Wizards?

Edited by NME18

• Corsair Employees
I know it's early days on the new RTX GPU range, but I've only just bought the Corsair One with the 1080ti and want to be sure the 2080 can be retrofitted in the One case at a slightly later date.

Dimensions are:

GTX 1080ti: Height 4.376" / Length 10.5" / Width 2-Slot

RTX 2080ti: Height 4.556" / Length 10.5" / Width 2-Slot

So looking at the size specs, if the current Corsair One internal has a little bit of headroom (with the cooler too) it might be okay.

Right/Wrong please - Corsair Tech Wizards?

It's not something we have tested on our ends, so I cannot give you a clear answer.

Okay. Understandable at present. Can you advise if there is a Corsair service centre location in the UK for things like upgrading or repairing the Corsair One? Thanks!

Scan Computers house their RMA centre for the UK as far as i am aware dude

• 2 weeks later...
I wonder if the 1080ti model can be ungraded to 2080 ti since the 2080 ti has two fans whereas the 1080 ti has only one. Also, if it is, should I purchase a 2080 ti founders edition (not sure if it right, but it seems those made by other manufacturers are too big for Corsair One) by myself or will a paid upgrade option be provided? Many thanks!

So I did some research myself. It turns out the 1080ti in Corsair One is a MSI 1080ti Sea Hawk without the case on. If MSI doesn't change the specs of the case for 2080ti Sea Hawk, and given the specs of 2080ti from nvidia, theoratically it is upgradable. Still, it might still takea a while till MSI releases the 2080ti Sea Hawk.

So I did some research myself. It turns out the 1080ti in Corsair One is a MSI 1080ti Sea Hawk without the case on. If MSI doesn't change the specs of the case for 2080ti Sea Hawk, and given the specs of 2080ti from nvidia, theoratically it is upgradable. Still, it might still takea a while till MSI releases the 2080ti Sea Hawk.

I thought the 'ONE's GPU's had a modded version of these on them...... not that i am any kind of expert,,, but i am sure i had this conversation at some point with someone else...

115198_large.jpg

i know its for the 9 series btw ;)

• Corsair Employees

This is not true. The 1080ti in the one is a modified version of MSI DUKE card with our HG10 bracket attached to it.

At any case, there WILL be a 2080ti CORSAIR ONE, we will keep you posted as the date getting closer. Stay tune!

This is not true. The 1080ti in the one is a modified version of MSI DUKE card with our HG10 bracket attached to it.

At any case, there WILL be a 2080ti CORSAIR ONE, we will keep you posted as the date getting closer. Stay tune!

Thanks for the correction! As much as I would love to own a 2080ti Corsair One, my wallet unfortunately says otherwise. What is the possibility that an upgrade for the 1080ti model will be offered? And since I'm moving to Japan, is it possible to get an upgrade there if the upgrade service is offered?

• 2 weeks later...

I concur with others here, having recently purchased mine which is less than 12 months old... Going out to purchase a C1 with 2080 is absurd... There has to be an avenue where there is capability for all C1 owners to upgrade their "future proof'd beasts" without having to fork out the cost of a full system.

Upgrading the gpu SHOULD be made available for a cost which should be reduced as the resale value of current 1080 and ti models is still quite good.

I'd be watching this... Hopefully Corsair don't act like Apple and force their consumers to go all out for a gpu upgrade

Never say never!

I think one of the biggest hurdles is going to be a replacement AIO. The C1 has a radiator I've never seen before - the tubing comes out the 'edge' where normally the inlet/outlets are on the side or end.

That said, on top of this you may well have an issue regarding cooling the thing in general - there will be no control software or you will need to configure your own.

Unfortunately you will not be able to upgrade the GPU in CORSAIR ONE.

That is disappointing. I don't think it's impossible to upgrade the gpu from the technical standpoint, at least not for the 1080ti model. Personally, I love my Corsair One. It is a great product and delivers the monstrosity (at least for now) power that it is advertised to. The 2080ti upgrade is not that necessary for me since the "leap" isn't that big and the first generation rtx cards don't work well with rtx and 4k at the same time. Still, if an upgrade option is provided, I would seriously consider it for some games that still struggle to reach 4K60fps even with reasonable graphic settings.

• 1 year later...

Hi all,

I wanted to share my journey. I upgraded my Corsair One (old version) with an i7 7700K and GTX1080 ti with a 2TB NVME SSD and a 2080 ti.

I am an avid VR gamer and I ran into issues with my overclocked 1080 ti. It was not giving me the performance I needed for eye candy and high resolution VR headsets.

I therefore decided, after checking all these forums, to see if I can mod my Corsair One with an aircooled RTX 2080 ti.

I initially tried to go through Corsair support, but an upgrade is not supported and they would not send me a 2080 ti from the newer Corsair One systems, nor the hardware to upgrade the AIO and mod a GPU myself. Watercooling was therefore out of the question.

I understand that they redesigned the layout in the later versions of the Corsair One so the rad for the GPU might not even fit into the older version side panels.

I did the same things like the initial poster. I measured the free space in my Corsair One and then went out to find a GPU that fits. The space, when removing the old GPU and radiator, that remains in the system is quite generous for airflow. And the chimney system with the fan on top will ensure proper cycling of air out of the machine.

I checked 2080 tis from Gigabyte, EVGA, Asus and Zotac. I knew that I will not get the top of the line system with higher clock speeds and an extensive headroom for overclocking. I also knew that it needs to be a GPU based off the reference design from NVidia.

I finally pulled the trigger on the Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 2080 ti Twin Fan .

I bought it off Amazon to have the option to return it if it does not fit or has horrible performance (aside from the fact that you can not really OC it without hitting max temp or max power).

I then went onto removing the old GPU. The caveat is that it is held by 3 Phillips screws on the bottom of the case in a frame.

You sill have to remove the foot of the case by popping off the front and rear panel (careful with the front panel due to the cabling for the LED strips) and then remove the 4 Phillips screws (2 on front and two on back at the foot on the front and rear panel) to pop off the bottom. Do not get fooled by the screws you can see inside on the bottom panel when opening the side panels. They only hold the grill in place.

You can then remove the three Phillips screws holding the fan shroud to the center frame of the case.

You will have to pop off all connectors into the GPU on the top, remove the cable that feeds the top fan (yes, the top fan is driven by the GPU), and disconnect the USB cable from the mainboard that drives the AIO.

And disconnect the AIO from the SATA power connector on the front.

You will also have to free the GPU from the clamp holding the card's top (one Phillips screw to remove and then swing the mechanism to the side) and slide down the white, rear holder of the card PCI-e connector to free it.

You can then slowly move it out, first towards the front of the case, then angle the VGA connector side of the card out and then slide it out and disconnect the PDI-E power connectors.

The good thing is that Corsair put a PCI-E connector there with two 8 pin power leads. You will need this for the 2080 ti.

I had already upgraded my PSU to the Corsair 600W SF PSU. This is a drop in replacement. All cables fit.

I also replaced the NVME SSD while I was at this place, because you can easily access the NVME slot when lifting the PCI-E extension cable. Be careful. The connector is held by 2 Phillips screws. The extension cable is fit snug under the opening in the main chassis. Pull the ribbon cable carefully towards the front of the case before you lift it away.

This is the result: https://ibb.co/TbkBz1G

I then fitted the 2TB Samsung EVO Plus NVME drive: https://ibb.co/dbMpcQB

You can get to the screw holding it in place but use a magnetic tip to not loose the screw in there.

You will need a plastic tool (I used an iFixit plastic spudger) to move the new drive into place and then slide it into the connector.

Now to the GPU. The ZOTAC card is really a good choice to get the little extra power a 2080 ti gives you (this is another topic if you really need this increase and if it is worth it. I am not getting into this here!).

https://ibb.co/nw5Tc79

They are nearly identical in size. The length is the most important because the bottom of the case has a ledge (the one that carries the 3 Phillips screws we had to remove) and longer cards will not fit unless you heavily case mod your Corsair one by dremeling off the ledge.

You first connect the two power cables (add the dangling 2 extra PCI-E leads to the 6 PIN you had in place before and suddenly you have 2 8 PIN connectors. You then angle the power cable side (top of card) in first and then drop in the back and then the front. Align the PCI-E riser connector and slide the card in. You might have to move the power cable leads out of the way to get the card flush and the ZOTAC card will sit flush to the bottom ledge:https://ibb.co/MZ6JdcR

But it fits in like a glove:https://ibb.co/bb5054n

https://ibb.co/pZ2VqFp

Secure it by sliding in the white holder at the PCI-E connector at the riser and close the bracket holding the top of the card: https://ibb.co/z6CPkS5

Reconnect the display cables (identify the length and connect accordingly: https://ibb.co/02z0Xfj

We will obviously not be able to use the USB-C connector, but I did not need it anyway.

https://ibb.co/WV8CVnT

For the fan you will need a PWM extension and I had some lying around from a Noctua fan. I connected it to the case fan 1 connector and adjusted the fan curve to an aggressive fan curve, which still gives me a low RPM on the regular desktop but shoves out warm air when under load. You will loose the ability to connect GPU temp and fan curve, but you will just have to play with the settings in the BIOS to get the best result and still keep a quiet system.

https://ibb.co/fkLXbS7

I installed Windows and ran some tests (Furmark). The temps are ok. The card will throttle if you overclock (like I said, not the fastest card out there but good enough).

I can play VR games and the GPU temp sits usually at 78-82, outside of the temp limit (at 84-88 degrees C). Furmark will bring it to the temp limit.

I set the OC in MSI afterburner to 104% power limit and 88 degrees C temp limit. My system is running great and quiet in regular 2D and will speed up all 3 fans under VR or heavy GPU load. But I wear headsets or HMD anyway, so I do not care.

SO: is it possible to get a 2080 ti in the Corsair one (old model)? Yes

Is it still quiet? Yes

Will it be watercooled? No

Will it void your warranty? Absolutely YES!

Was it worth it for you? Yes (for me).

Let me know if you have questions. ::pirate::

Edited by LtCmdrPAC
Photo was showing Serial Number.
  • Confused 2

• 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I do have the same Nvme in my Corsair 160 and it's getting really hot.

at idle with the top fan at 1000 rpm I have 67c, when playing having grahics games with fan at 1500rpm I can go up to 80c.

Do you have the same issue?

That might be different for you as you have now a different ventilation system

• 2 weeks later...

Following the lead of LtCmdrPAC I investigated and performed GPU upgrade of Corsair One Pro Plus 2018 edition GPU to...Asus RTX 3090 Turbo.

Notes:

- The Corsair One Pro Plus 2018 edition is very similar to 2017 with minor differences (e.g. there is no white retaining clip on the PCIe extender). This LtCmdrPAC post was thus extremely useful - doubt I would have dared or done it without!

- The back and front plates use plastic retaining clips, which seem quite fragile. I lost a couple on the back plate despite greatest of care - fortunately the four remaining were still sufficient for firm mounting on reassembly.

- I found it best to temporarily remove the Displayport/HDMI port block at the back while removing/inserting GPU into the PCIe extender.

- Power supply had already been replaced with a drop in Corsair SF750 80 PLUS Platinum (the factory SF500 failed a year ago for no good reason i.e. before any of my upgrades :( ).

- The Asus RTX 3090 Turbo is supposedly the same 268mm length as LtCmdrPAC ZOTAC RTX 2080 Ti Twin Fan but at first didn't fit by less than 1mm interference with the bottom support ledge mentioned by LtCmdrPAC. Luckily the screws holding the ledge to the frame near the mains inlet can be loosened allowing the ledge to move a little down before retightening (it's not clear from LtCmdrPAC images whether such screws exist for the 2017 edition?).

- The GPU PCIe power cables are just long enough to reach the back of the Asus RTX 3090 Turbo where the power sockets are and the gap to the bottom of the case is just enough to accommodate the plugs there.

- The biggest problem is the Corsair One internal Displayport/HDMI cable lengths, which are exact only for the factory card. The front HDMI cable cannot reach the ASUS HDMI port at the back and the rearmost Displayport cable cannot reach even the rearmost ASUS Displayport. Small high bandwidth extension cables were required. BTW I found the Corsair One internal HDMI cable/socket for the front is not great for 4k 60Hz HDR (the ASUS and HDMI extension are ok without) - I'm looking into how to fix that. I suspect the Displayport cables/sockets are similar quality - it is well known the internal Displayport to HDMI converter at the back cannot do 4k 60Hz.

- Had already upgraded the top fan to Noctua NF-F12 iPPC 3000 PWM some time ago for better cooling of the CPU under load. Reconnected via extension to System Fan connector on the motherboard and fan curves set accordingly to CPU temperatures.

System runs great and fast. Silent on the desktop but of course it blows hard under VR, 4k gaming and AI Video Processing - unimportant under headphones.