Corsair Community

Corsair One - Considering purchase, need input

MIS7ERV

Hello,

1 - I've been tempted to purchase a Corsair One Elite (1080ti, 1tb m.2 ssd), but I have some reservations. I read that there were some QC issues with the ribbon cable but they have since been recalled/replaced and any new purchases should not be impacted by the issue. However, it looks like some very recent forum posts show brand new purchases with customers experiencing the issue. Can anyone from Corsair confirm where they stand on this? Am I guaranteed to avoid this QC issue if I order from the Corsair web store instead of from Amazon?

2 - Ideally, I'd like to purchase this model from Amazon so I can also tack on the 4 year replacement plan but it looks like they don't have it available. Is there a plan in place for Amazon to supply this model to their customers or will it remain exclusive to the Corsair web store?

3 - Does Corsair offer an extended warranty on this product?

4 - Does Corsair have any plans to offer upgrade kits for the CPU/GPU/PSU? I'd be way more inclined to purchase the unit if I had an option to upgrade more than just the RAM and HDD/SSD.

5 - Is this image legit? If so, I may just wait for the redesigned unit. http://forum.corsair.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=33636&d=1530881562

• Corsair Employees
Hello,

1 - I've been tempted to purchase a Corsair One Elite (1080ti, 1tb m.2 ssd), but I have some reservations. I read that there were some QC issues with the ribbon cable but they have since been recalled/replaced and any new purchases should not be impacted by the issue. However, it looks like some very recent forum posts show brand new purchases with customers experiencing the issue. Can anyone from Corsair confirm where they stand on this? Am I guaranteed to avoid this QC issue if I order from the Corsair web store instead of from Amazon?

2 - Ideally, I'd like to purchase this model from Amazon so I can also tack on the 4 year replacement plan but it looks like they don't have it available. Is there a plan in place for Amazon to supply this model to their customers or will it remain exclusive to the Corsair web store?

3 - Does Corsair offer an extended warranty on this product?

4 - Does Corsair have any plans to offer upgrade kits for the CPU/GPU/PSU? I'd be way more inclined to purchase the unit if I had an option to upgrade more than just the RAM and HDD/SSD.

5 - Is this image legit? If so, I may just wait for the redesigned unit. http://forum.corsair.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=33636&d=1530881562

Hi,

1. Our stock is freed from the defect, unfortunately, we cannot say the same for Amazon since the recall with them was not entirely successful.

2. I cannot speak for Amazon. But for Corsair, we're only offering 2 year warranty and at the moment, we have the CS-9000014 and CS-9000016 exclusively available on our web store.

3. We do not.

4. Unfortunately it's not that easy. I would very much like to tell you otherwise but unfortunately that is just the way it is.

5. Yes that image is legitimate! Our CORSAIR ONE V2 is coming soon and it will be better this time, NO MORE RIBBON CABLE ISSUE!

I second this. A notification system would be great. I've got the money burning a hole in my pocket. :)

Count me in on this as well! I'd love to buy an Elite, but if this V2 is coming out in the next month or so I don't want to pull the trigger just yet.

Has anyone heard of any other rumors as to when this might come out and what it might entail? If it's just the case change, with more ports on the front, then I might just go ahead and buy now.

• 2 weeks later...
I too have just stumbled upon the Corsair One Elite. Can’t buy it anywhere in the 32GB 1TB m.2-only version. Saw there might be a v2 coming out...probably not available until Thanksgiving. Really too bad as I’m coming from a Mac Pro “trash can” 8-core dual D700, 32GB system and am weighing the One Elite vs. waiting for next gen Mac Pro. First company to release, wins.

• 1 month later...
Hi,

1. Our stock is freed from the defect, unfortunately, we cannot say the same for Amazon since the recall with them was not entirely successful.

2. I cannot speak for Amazon. But for Corsair, we're only offering 2 year warranty and at the moment, we have the CS-9000014 and CS-9000016 exclusively available on our web store.

3. We do not.

4. Unfortunately it's not that easy. I would very much like to tell you otherwise but unfortunately that is just the way it is.

5. Yes that image is legitimate! Our CORSAIR ONE V2 is coming soon and it will be better this time, NO MORE RIBBON CABLE ISSUE!

Hi StormShadow,

I must admit clause 5 in your comment really bothers me Why?

Well, I bought Crosair One Elite two months ago with my hard earned $3000, the 1tb SSD version (which is gone from your website suddenly). I was super happy with it until a week ago I was started getting black screens while gaming, random freezes, etc. In other words - the ribbon issue. PC is unplayable at this time of writing.

I submitted a ticket and a replacement is on the way right now, but according to your post, only the upcoming V2 will be ribbon free, and I'm not getting it. I'm getting a new V1, probably with a ribbon issue out of the box, and if not, maybe a after a month or two. Do you think it make sense replacing a new unit every two or three months?

If you guys are aware V1 has issues, why are you selling it? is this how a company respect its client hard earned money?

Wasn't expecting this from Corsair, I must admit.

Looking forward to your reply here.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

3. We do not.

The web page for CS-9000016 looks odd, there's no option to buy nor notify when in stock. Is it discontinued or just out of stock?

Hi StormShadow,

I must admit clause 5 in your comment really bothers me Why?

Well, I bought Crosair One Elite two months ago with my hard earned $3000, the 1tb SSD version (which is gone from your website suddenly). I was super happy with it until a week ago I was started getting black screens while gaming, random freezes, etc. In other words - the ribbon issue. PC is unplayable at this time of writing.

I submitted a ticket and a replacement is on the way right now, but according to your post, only the upcoming V2 will be ribbon free, and I'm not getting it. I'm getting a new V1, probably with a ribbon issue out of the box, and if not, maybe a after a month or two. Do you think it make sense replacing a new unit every two or three months?

If you guys are aware V1 has issues, why are you selling it? is this how a company respect its client hard earned money?

Wasn't expecting this from Corsair, I must admit.

Looking forward to your reply here.

You will not have a ribbon issue. Corsair Inventory of C1's has fixed this issue. However, other retailers i.e. Amazon, may still have the issue.

As Storm stated in his reply

Hi,

Corsairs C1 Inventory is free of the problem. So if you RMA your system back to Corsair, you'll get a brand new C1 with no Ribbon Cable Issue! :)

Archived