Corsair Community

Possible solution to Corsair one booting, video and other strange system issues

Motogp46

So as many of you, I have been pulling my hair on the corsair one issue with erratic system behavior . So I have come to a possible fix for some for the time being, still testing tonight at home. If you can get your system to post go into the bios change the (PEGX Max Link Speed) setting from (AUTO to Gen 1). this stabilized the system for now and makes the system usable. I have my suspicions to the issue which could be the header extender from the pcie to the video card possible emi crossover noise, from conductor shielding in ribbon.

Hope this helps some of you and me both time will tell.

After setting the PEGO in Bios to Gen 1. System has worked flawlessly , I set the setting to Gen 2 and it is still working great no problems what so ever. (Note if you are having erratic issues try Gen 1 First before going to Gen 2 just in case of variations in quality of extender cable in your system) As I said before this issue imho is related only to the header extender cable internal shielding between the conductors cross emi and nothing more. My system is super fast and Reliable love it.

So as many of you, I have been pulling my hair on the corsair one issue with erratic system behavior . So I have come to a possible fix for some for the time being, still testing tonight at home. If you can get your system to post go into the bios change the (PEGX Max Link Speed) setting from (AUTO to Gen 1). this stabilized the system for now and makes the system usable. I have my suspicions to the issue which could be the header extender from the pcie to the video card possible emi crossover noise, from conductor shielding in ribbon.

Hope this helps some of you and me both time will tell.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! You saved my new corsair 1080ti, Its all working perfect now!

I have to laugh if this ends up being a simple one-click fix. There was seemingly SO MUCH wrong with my machine I cant believe it, but I suppose stranger things have happened.

Could you do Unigine Heavan + Superposition benchmarks Moto? And check out overclocking with Afterburner? I was getting no where with those, maybe this setting change solves it?

I'm very curious if someone manually changed this to the wrong setting during factory QA, or if someone forgot to!

I have to laugh if this ends up being a simple one-click fix. There was seemingly SO MUCH wrong with my machine I cant believe it, but I suppose stranger things have happened.

Could you do Unigine Heavan + Superposition benchmarks Moto? And check out overclocking with Afterburner? I was getting no where with those, maybe this setting change solves it?

I'm very curious if someone manually changed this to the wrong setting during factory QA, or if someone forgot to!

I was testing game boost etc last night with no issues, I did run a simple benchmark nothing fancy scores were slightly higher by about 200 points between gen 1 and gen 2 . I have not tryed afterburner yet. I am at work right now so I don't have exact numbers at this time.

• Corsair Employees

I've mentioned this in other threads, but we've identified an issue with newer Corsair One units, affecting about 10% of them. The PCI Express cable is failing in shipment, which is why we didn't catch it out of the factory. We're implementing additional testing now to catch this kind of failure in the future.

Customers with open tickets will be contacted and we're working on getting replacements ready to go.

Thanks Dustin! Anyone else with the new M.2 1080ti with the BIOS change still having issues? Mine finally boots with the change but I still get the blinking screen occasionally that's just irritating. Probably something with the PCI express issue. Just awaiting to get my postage to send this back, glad you all found the problem though!

• 3 weeks later...
Just a quick update since changing setting to gen 2 my corsair one unit has been trouble free and love it. Would I buy another Corsair One absolutely!!, It is a Fantastic system packed into a fantastic designed Case. So Corsair keep the innovations Coming.

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same issues with frame tearing/pixellation on online video, crackling audio through HDMI and displayport connections and cracking audio. I submitted a ticket and technical support got back to me promptly and suggested I try changing the PEGO to Gen 2 in the BIOS.

This has worked perfectly for me, so if you have those problems try this first. And thanks for the great tech support corsair!

I'm slightly worried that this problem only started recently and kept getting worse, suggesting that something (the PCI express cable?) was getting damaged. But everything seems to be working fine after a week since changing the BIOS setting, so fingers crossed there is no damage.

• Corsair Employees
I had the same issues with frame tearing/pixellation on online video, crackling audio through HDMI and displayport connections and cracking audio. I submitted a ticket and technical support got back to me promptly and suggested I try changing the PEGO to Gen 2 in the BIOS.

This has worked perfectly for me, so if you have those problems try this first. And thanks for the great tech support corsair!

I'm slightly worried that this problem only started recently and kept getting worse, suggesting that something (the PCI express cable?) was getting damaged. But everything seems to be working fine after a week since changing the BIOS setting, so fingers crossed there is no damage.

If any issue does occur please let us know :)

Archived