Corsair Community

1080TI + 500W PS Upgrades for V1.0

zguy85

I know this topic had been discussed early when originally released and there was hint that Corsair would possibly offer upgrade options for those who had purchased the original PRO models.

What is the status regarding Corsair upgrades?

Additionally, if warranty wasn't an issue, what part numbers for more advanced GPUs and higher output Power Supply would fit in the ONE so that I may upgrade?

• Corsair Employees

We investigated doing an upgrade program for the graphics hardware and found it would be extremely costly to implement - not just for us, but for end users. For example, upgrading the 1080 system to a 1080 Ti would require:

1. Changing the PSU

2. Changing the top system fan

3. Changing the graphics card

4. Adding an additional power cable for the card

With the way Corsair One is engineered, there really isn't a good way to upgrade the graphics hardware. The PSUs used in Corsair One aren't available in retail or as spare parts, and the cooling system is designed specifically for the graphics card already installed.

• 7 months later...
  • Corsair Employees
What is the size of the top case fan?

120mm or 140mm ?

Would this one be compatable?

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Fans/ml-config/p/CO-9050073-WW

It's 140mm... that being said the LL fan would "work" but with no lights since there isn't a RGB controller built into the CORSAIR ONE. You'd have to somehow cram a Lighting Node PRO and LED control hub into the case.

• 1 month later...
We investigated doing an upgrade program for the graphics hardware and found it would be extremely costly to implement - not just for us, but for end users. For example, upgrading the 1080 system to a 1080 Ti would require:

1. Changing the PSU

2. Changing the top system fan

3. Changing the graphics card

4. Adding an additional power cable for the card

With the way Corsair One is engineered, there really isn't a good way to upgrade the graphics hardware. The PSUs used in Corsair One aren't available in retail or as spare parts, and the cooling system is designed specifically for the graphics card already installed.

I do a lot of checking on stuff before I buy and this concerns me a little. I'm looking at purchasing a ONE in the very near future, and it's a lot of money to me, enough that i'd expect to be able to replace components once the warranty has expired (like my current computer, which will ultimately get passed down through the family and I will be expected to keep it running)

Whilst I understand a limitation on GPU due to custom cooling attached, if the PSU blew in 3 years time, would I not be able to buy a new PSU to replace it? Or would I need a complete new system? Same question kinda arises if the AIO needed replacing. Will there be provision for this when warranties start expiring on these things? Underneath, everything looks quite standard...

• 3 months later...

Archived