Corsair Community

New Corsair One Pro, very high pitched noise.

leemkule

Hi there,

I recently bought a Corsair One Pro after 9 years having used Mac, finally something that was small, powerful, and quiet!

I researched for ages and finally took the plunge. On boot up, my heart sank, there is this very loud, high pitched noise that is absolutely impossible to ignore, I can hear it 10meters away from the computer that was said to be almost silent in all the reviews. It's there from boot up to shut down, system usage makes no difference. Any idea what I can do about this? Am I going to have to return the unit? I ran the Corsair test suite and everything passed.

Extremely disappointed, this was not the nice return to the PC world I was hoping for and has left a really sour taste.

• Corsair Employees

Hi leemkule,

Yikes! That's absolutely not normal! Please send us the unit for RMA right away, we do not wish this to be your CORSAIR ONE experience. Please file a support ticket here: https://corsair.secure.force.com/corsairone/apex/siteLogin

Please PM the ticket number so we can track and investigate this issue for you so you can get back to enjoying your proper CORSAIR ONE.

• 1 year later...

"Quiet" may be the biggest marketing scam in history. I purchased a new Corsair One Pro for my wife for her birthday. We are not gamer's but I wanted her to have a FAST reliable "quiet" machine, so I got this one. It is so loud that I can hear it in my bedroom on the other side of the house. It is unbearable to work on the machine. I purchased mine through Amazon and I am returning it. SO DISAPPOINTED. registers 66 decibels on Sound Meter app.

"Quiet" may be the biggest marketing scam in history. I purchased a new Corsair One Pro for my wife for her birthday. We are not gamer's but I wanted her to have a FAST reliable "quiet" machine, so I got this one. It is so loud that I can hear it in my bedroom on the other side of the house. It is unbearable to work on the machine. I purchased mine through Amazon and I am returning it. SO DISAPPOINTED. registers 58 decibels on Sound Meter app.

Then you obviously received a defective model?

Archived