Corsair Community

So my K95 (non-RGB) died today or what? Keeps spamming a bunch of keys. Help?!

Firstly, fantastic keyboard. I can't live without it, which is why this issue is making me go bald. Could I please get some help?

So whilst doing some casual gaming today, my keyboard started acting up a bit. First I noticed that after returning to a game that was paused the 'Right Directional Arrow' had stopped working entirely. LEFT, UP & DOWN worked fine, but the right one didn't.. odd I thought. Tested it in a few different programs and confirmed it wasn't working at all. Tried to bind the button to something else via the Corsair software, nope. The button doesn't seem to work.

So I rebooted. Same issue. Except now MORE keys aren't working.

The numpad: 7, 8, /, *, - and Numlock button don't work.

Also the M1 & MR buttons don't work, and strangely enough the G1, G9 and G17 keys ALSO don't work...

Neither does the Windows key and pressing some of these buttons causes a random effect to happen. For example pressing the MR or M1 button causes my sound to be turned all the way down to mute.

After rebooting a few times and eventually uninstalling the drivers and disconnecting the keyboard back in. It started working again no problems. BUT!

So I reinstalled the driver software to get my G keys back, and the exact same issue started happening again, with the exact same keys not working either at all, or properly.

I'm using an older firmware 1.15v because for some reason I could never ever get it to update to 1.3 back when I bought it 6 months ago. I tried 2 different PCs and also a laptop and every single USB port that I had on all machines. I'd always get the same issue that the device would just be disconnected after the flashing process started. But that's another issue. I guess I would like help with that too but more than anything I want this keyboard to work.

Unplugging and replugging the keyboard in causes the keyboard to spam the following 3 buttons (I would assume numpad): /*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-/*-

I haven't dropped or damaged the keyboard in any way.

I tried to look for a way to factory reset it but it doesn't seem that there's any way to which I find ridiculous.

TL;DR

Keyboard: Corsair K95 (Non-RGB)

Some buttons stopped working on my K95 Keyboard (non-RGB) whilst casually gaming and some buttons have started doing weird things. Also it seems that my keyboard is stuck pressing 3 or more buttons constantly and unplugging and replugging it causes these 3 keys to be constantly spammed until I press ESC. The issue happens 100% the same way on different machines.

How do I reset the keyboard back to factory defaults or fix the problem?

Also how can I actually finally update the firmware. Nothing seems to work...

P.S. I am convinced that the keys themselves all work fine. There's just something in the keyboard's memory/firmware/binds/something that has messed it up. When I unplugged it and plugged it back in, it returned 100% to normal at least once. But since it started happening again, no amount of unplugging and plugging back in has worked in ANY of my USB ports...

http://i.imgur.com/oFbu6Z8.png

This layout is similar to my keyboard (I have the Nordic Layout). Green keys are working as normal, with the exception of the Windows key. Even though it's green, it doesn't work here.

At least these are the keys that Switch Hitter is registering that is being pressed.

Archived