Corsair Community

Corsair One Tips and Troubleshooting

Hello all, I recently got a Corsair One Pro(1080GTX version) and wanted to start a thread that might have useful information that others can use. In the below steps, I suggest getting your updates first before changing any settings because some updates might revert any settings you might have done before installing them.

First Things:

1. Get the latest nvidia drivers for the 1080 or 1070 depending on which on you have: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

2.Get the latest drivers with MSI Live Update. (If you are trying to find the default folder where these are saved C:\MSI you will have to change the folder view

settings to show hidden files/folders.

3.Run a windows update to get the latest patches.

My Own Personal Recommendations:

The below applies to connecting through HDMI, I do not know what people connecting with DVI see under the same options.

In the Nvidia Control Panel under [display-->change resolution] scroll down and check to see if you have a setting called Output Dynamic Range. Change that from Limited to Full and press apply(to make sure your monitor can support it). If you don't see the connection there, check under [Video-->Adjust video color Settings] and set it to Full. If your screen blacks out after pressing apply. Just turn off the computer and turn back on, your monitor may not support Full.

Note that installing a new version of the Nvidia Driver resets these options so you will have to go change them again.

Frequently Asked Questions:

1.My display shows nothing when I try turning on the computer.

Enter the BIOS and set the PCI Express to "Gen 2". Note that if this fixes the issue, you should still contact Corsair to make sure your computer was not part of a recall batch.

2.Why can't I wake up my computer from sleep with my USB mouse/keyboard?

Go to the Bios by pressing the delete key when starting up the computer. From there, find the "Resume by USB" and enable it.

3. The computer will not boot.

A lot of things can be the cause of a computer not booting but below are some things to try:

Turn off secure boot in the bios under Settings->advanced->os management->secure boot. And turn it to disabled.

Another thing to try if no image comes up on your display might be trying the hdmi port in front of the computer since it is native.

If the above two do not work, try unplugging the computer and pressing the Clear CMOS button on the back of the computer for 10 seconds. (Note that this resets all bios settings to default)(So if you disabled secure boot like mentioned in instructions above, it will be turned back on when doing this)

4. Will reinstalling Windows 10 void my warranty and also will Windows 10 automatically activate?

No your warranty will not be voided by reinstalling Windows 10. Corsair One has a key in the firmware for Windows 10 Home Edition, so it will automatically activate without having to type in a key. Other Windows 10 Editions will work but you will have to buy a key to activate it yourself.

Also make sure to download and install "Corsair Link for ONE" after reinstalling Windows 10. This is a needed software to make sure your system does not overheat(it adjusts the fan speed based on how hot the system gets.)

This and other downloads for Corsair One can be found here: http://www.corsair.com/en-us/downloads Under category select Corsair One.

Edited by JanusZeal
  • Like 1

@JanusZeal

Great idea !

You can ad the how to wake up the One by going to Bios and change settings by pressing DELL Key to go to Bios and from there you enable "Resume by USB" option in BIOS that you can wake up your Corsair One via USB KB/Mouse

Thank you much indeed

Regards solrac13

Edited by solrac13

@JanusZeal

Great idea !

You can ad the how to wake up the One by going to Bios and change settings by pressing DELL Key to go to Bios and from there you enable "Resume by USB" option in BIOS that you can wake up your Corsair One via USB KB/Mouse

Thank you much indeed

Regards solrac13

Added to information list.

@JanusZeal

Did u try it? The function of waking up with key board? IM having issues with my bios resolution so it seems imposible for me for the time been to confirm that

Could you confirm that by going to Bios and change settings by pressing DELL Key to go to Bios and from there you enable "Resume by USB" option in BIOS that you can wake up your Corsair One via USB KB/Mouse it really works?

Thanks and BR

Hi,

This post is a good thing :roll:

Know, I know how to waking up the One with USB device !!

Just got my One Pro, an idea how to synchronize properly my Microsoft account ? Everything's working except avatars, replaced with a One icon...

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
I have tested the Corsair One and same issues no video at boot at all and only after installing latest Nvidia drivers connected by HDMI cable the display ports work kind of. I have the Samsung 49" HDR curved monitor 144hz. When I turn on HDR content connected by display port the monitor freaks out showing artifacts until turned off. It is a issue with the internal display port extension cables going from the internal GTX1080 to the rear of the system. I have contacted support but they just want to do a RMA which will not fix these issues. Corsair needs to update their cable or internal design. Also wanted to note plugging the customer support for Corsair ONE sucks it is the same as Dell in my experience.Plugging the monitor display port straight into the video card under the fan works flawlessly. But they said it might void my warranty come on Corsair these things are two thousand dollars. Sorry, just venting other than this issue I like the system.

I was successful in upgrading my unit from the included GTX 1080 to the 1080ti FE card with all the same mounting hardware. I transferred the 1080ti cooler to the 1080 as well and tests working great. I had to move some thermal pads around on both coolers. I'm currently using the stock 400w psu with no crashes at all under full load plan to install the 600w today. Also installed a Samsung EVO 960 ssd to the rear of the motherboard as well while it was open. Warranty Void. hah but so much faster now, plus I had the 1080ti laying around from a previous build. Not a job for one with the fear of 100's of small screws. 30c ide and never gets above 65c under benchmarks. I'm not telling you to do this just that it can be done. I plan to upgrade the motherboard and cpu in the future.

I just ordered the SF600 off Amazon everything works great. The psu was a easy upgrade unscrew old one and use the stock wires plugs right in. I had to add an extra 6+2 pin for the gtx1080ti since mine came with the 1080 and only came with one.

• 1 year later...

Frequently Asked Questions:

1.My display shows nothing when I try turning on the computer.

Enter the BIOS and set the PCI Express to "Gen 2". Note that if this fixes the issue, you should still contact Corsair to make sure your computer was not part of a recall batch.

This may be a little bit of a long shot, but does anyone happen to have the key sequence to do this headless (without graphics)? Bought a Corsair One motherboard off eBay under the impression it was a MSI Z270i carbon, but I'm guessing it is from a Corsair One Pro SFF. Have not been able to get any graphics cards to work (have tried random gen 1, 2.1, and 3 pci-e cards...gen 3 has a blank screen, the others have no signal). Was thinking forcing gen 2 may get it working.

Edit: Nevermind, got it working. Feels much more stable after firmware upgrade. See now that the Corsair One 2017/2018 version did not have this bios setting anyway.

Edited by bzheds
Got it working

Nice fix. Great job fixing that. Yea I think I am that early batch that couldn't get GEN3 to work, last checked about year and half ago before the firmware update. I'm still running off GEN2, I should probably try switching to see if it works now. Not really sure what I'm really missing out on at GEN2.

Good job with your fix!