Corsair Community

Open API to other developers?

ajkid93

I use a commercial piece of software called AIDA64 which is mostly an all in one diagnostic tool which shows everything about your system. It includes benchmarking tools and other things that come in real use. When AIDA64 is installed Corsair Link does not work, and I am not willing to give up AIDA64 over Corsair Link. It crashes every time I try running it with AIDA. This happens with other software to such as ASUS AI Suite. AIDA is by far the superior tool for diagnostic and temperature monitoring, however I cant control the fan speed without CorsairLink. That is all I use it for, not the monitoring aspect. As in truth Link is a piece of crap software with very limited functionality. Because of the sole purpose of needing to be able to control the fan speeds for my H80i unit, I cant have AIDA or any other similar software installed without it preventing Link from crashing. I implore you to open something as simple as the fan controller of Corsair Link to be opened or licensed for other software vendors to use. I really dislike Link and dont want it. It doesnt offer AIO diagnostic functionality as other do. I love the H80i, but it is crippled because you are not really doing anything good with the software side.

P.S. This wont deter me from your other components i.e. cases, psus, ram, etc as I am a fanboy of your products. It might deter me from future link based hardware (because as I have mentioned, I really dislike the software you have developed, it is lacking in much needed functionality) The easiest solution to save you money is to let other developers deal with software, you just deal with hardware. Why do you think Software companies dont deal with software ingeneral and vice versa, you spend money on top notch engineers for hw or sw and they dont know as much about the other end of it.

Others want this too, not just me http://forums.aida64.com/topic/950-corsair-1200i-power-supply/

Link does not work with AIDA 64?

That is good to know I guess, I installed my new H100i on a new system build I did back in December, running Windows 8.1.

I have been patiently waiting for them to get official working Link software for Windows 8.1, so far have not been running with the Link software. My cooler has been performing very well for me anyway with whatever profile it runs by default, which I believe is balanced.

However, I use AIDA 64 Extreme religiously, I mean if my computer is running, AIDA 64 is running displaying the info I want in my Logitech G19 keyboard display.

No way would I give up my AIDA 64 , as much as I would like to have a working Link software installed for my H100i...

I guess I don't need to keep watching progress then on the software for Windows 8.1...

I cant say for sure, but I am pretty confident that it was AIDA64 that was interfering with link. When AIDA64 was installed, not even running. I run link, nothing shows in the screen, no fan or temp readings. Then it precedes to crash. I uninstall ADIA64 or the other suspected software (ASUS AI suite) and it no longer crashes and everything shows up correctly. As I said it could just be in my case with my given HW, but I dont think it is.

Archived