Corsair Community

New Corsair K95 RGB Platinum not working with iCUE

kae

I recently purchased a Corsair K95 RGB Platinum mechanical keyboard and plugged it into my Windows 10 Pro machine and the keyboard works great. Then I loaded the iCUE software version 3.9.93 and the iCUE software recognized the keyboard, but on the devices page, shows a small red triangle with an exclamation point. In the Windows system tray, the iCUE icons shows as a red hexagon with an exclamation.

I followed a few steps here on the forum like resetting the keyboard and reinstalling the iCUE software, but nothing helped. The iCUE settings page won't tell me what the firmware version is on the keyboard. I did open a ticket with Corsair. We haven't gotten past the initial "when did this begin to happen?" and "did you spill something on the keyboard?" questions.

Has anyone else had iCUE problems right out of the box with a new K95 RGB Platinum keyboard?

It seems like most of the posts that I've found have been intermittent problems or non-working keyboards, but my keyboard itself appears to work fine as a keyboard. It's just none of the special "programmable" features work.

Also, is there an actual manual for the K95 keyboard or the iCUE software? The keyboard only came with a paper that lists about a paragraph worth of "information" and the only iCUE manual I found is the iCUE guide on Google Docs.

Thanks!

SystemTray-iCUE-icon.png.7b340e1a535f917d65df769b3d964403.png

RedTriangle.thumb.PNG.672ac40a17b1176893ffa11d3c8af9de.PNG

Settings.thumb.png.e6206eaa39e600d6be605b689167b52b.png

There was a new iCUE version that came out and I upgraded to the new version, but nothing has changed. I still have the red triangle and I can't force a firmware update either. When I try to force a firmware update, the update causes the keyboard to appear as though it's not connected (the iCUE software can't see it), but the keyboard still works. At least I can still type on it.

I haven't heard back from the tech support people yet. I'll post what they say when I hear back.

I received the following instructions. I didn't know that the keyboard had to have a USB 2.0 port. I had it plugged into a USB 3.0 port. Anyway, I followed the instructions below and did the soft-reset and plugged it into a USB 2.0 port on my system. The keyboard seems to work now. I was able to upgrade the firmware to version 1.07.123.

It is recommended that the keyboard is used only on a USB 2.0 port.

We would first suggest you try a soft-reset of the keyboard. This will clear the keyboard internal memory, which often corrects issues such as the one you are experiencing. Please follow the directions below:

1: Unplug the keyboard.

2: Press the Esc key

3: While holding the Esc key, plug in the keyboard.

4: Hold the key down for 10 seconds.

5: Release the key.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived