Corsair Community

corsair front fans on 1000d

fishburger20

I am new to the corsair software and cant get my front panel and my fans to light up as expected.(all 8 fans)

I have 2 commander pros installed and 3 lightning pros installed

The corsair 1000d d front panel is not working as expected ,no corsair logo .

Read in the forums that the 3 pin from front panel is going in to slot 1 on the lightning node pro,but no luck. 7 out of 8 hd fans is ok ,all is running but one fan does not light up.

In the roof I have 3 ll 140 fans and in the back 1 ll140 all working as expected.

Where is the 3pin front panel connector supposed to be hooked up?

the lightning pro ports are 4 pins what pins are you going to use ,the upper 3 or the lower 3.

Have been looking at the forums ,and found a diagram of how to set it up but cant find it any more.

Daisy chain two comander pros,how?

Here's the thread: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=180073.

I'll have to wait for Zotty to come online to look into the front panel - I don't have the 1000D so I'm not familiar with some of it's unique connections.

For the HD fans, is the one that doesn't light up on the last connection? Have you tried rearranging the fans? These fans operate in series ... one fan passes the signal to the next fan. So you could have a bad fan and it could be the one that doesn't light up OR the one before it on the fan hub. Also, on the fan hub (which is the device with 4 pins), they need to be connected 1-2-3-4-5-6. You can't skip any of them; they have to be connected in order.

And, finally, to daisy chain two Commander Pros, you plug the USB connector from the second CoPro into the USB port on the first CoPro.

Thanks for the reply,I have been trying to change the fans all over the place,before I instaled the 2nd CP it vent bananas,had my dobts when I vent for all in when it came to rgb fans and expected problems,the wire compartment in the back look like a spagetti factory.

Daisy change by connecting the 2 Cp`s means you need a usb cable with 2 female contacts one in each end?

Hello not yet busy working in my garage to make a fan holder for my last HD fan,need some cooling off my c: 960 evo as it slow down under test got to hot,I measurd 80 c

under stress test.

Will look at the fans later in the evening,had them all going ok before i instaled the 2 CP.

any help would be welcomed ,and the logo, light/front panel is a mystery,saw in the forum that the CP that came with the 1000d was kind of (special) and that you needed to put the 3 pin connector in port 1 on the lightning node,I dont know,I tried it last night but no luck

Hello Zooty

all my fans including the one I put in today to cool my m2 disk is up and running,its a nice pc now.with the new fan I instaled after making a fan holder in plexiglass dropped the temp from 80 to 35 under same test,only one ting missing now, front panel and logo,any advice?Its been a steep learning curv but got it now.

• 1 month later...

Archived