Corsair Community

Aura driving Cue SDK and Link

Zenairo

Hi, new to the forums. I've been working on this project for a couple days now, big thanks to DarthAffe for his RGB.NET project which is the basis of how this works. I'm using the Aura SDK, Cue SDK, and HidLibrary to control all of the lighting in my system. In the current state everything is driven from Aura and the music modes are pretty impressive. Obviously this is in development, highly inefficient, color updates are delayed, and my code is sloppy. But I got it working tonight and wanted to share, more to come! I'd make a longer post but I'm feeling a bit lazy and wanted to gauge interest first. Any input is welcome!

Video:

[ame]

[/ame]

Repo:

https://github.com/Zenairo/RGB.NET

I looked at the github page and didn't really see any information about it, unless it's buried somewhere in all of the files.

It would be nice to see information about the thing prominently displayed.

Some thing like that would interest me though.

Fair point, added some info to the readme on git.

Obviously as you said this is in early stages, with the help of the OP and some programming skill i've managed to make it work on my setup,

Aura Sync:

- Z270E (6 sections)

- Custom RGB EK-WB Waterblock

- Phanteks RGB GPU Block

- Phanteks P400 Case RGB

- Phanteks P400 RGB LED Strip

- Generic 5050 RGB LED Strip on desk (connected via custom external aura connection)

Corsair Commander Pro

- 3 x HD120 RGB Fans

I'm at work currently, but i ended up created a whole new project and referencing your code along with the AuraSync.cs file

Most of the code is from you but i've tweaked it for how i wanted it to be, i agree it would be good to be able to customize it based on the user's need but this is something that would obviously later on.

I'll upload my github repo later to show what i did, i don't take credit for most of the code that goes to Zenairo, DarthAffe and mikeobrien and my hacky implementation of the Philips RGB Ambiilight via JSON is probably terrible but its for my own use so i'm not bothered about that.

Neither my program nor the OP's program are "plug and play" so don't expect either to work without some c# / hex knowledge and a bit of patience to modify it for how you need.

Sweet, currently working on wrapping my code in a comfy UI. Going to start with device detection and then allow the user to pick a "lighting source" for each device such as one of four Aura headers, Darth's visualizers, or default (let device be controlled by it's manufacturer's software like CUE or Link).

https://github.com/CyanLabs/RGB.NET.Devices.Philips

https://github.com/CyanLabs/RGBSyncV2

For new and improved, massive thanks to the dev of RGB.NET DarthAffe for explaining how i write my own device provider.

Not added LNP yet but am intending on adding that as a device provider however i doubt i will be able to make it work correctly for all layouts so it may just end up being for me.

This is using a custom version of RGB.NET but DarthAffe plans to implement it on the main version in a better way in the future.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey Fma965, can you write up some instructions on how to setup your software? Every time I try to run your .exe it opens Asus Aura for a split second but then immediately closes. If I try to click on the icon in the system tray it just disappears. Clearly I'm not doing something right. I'm REALLY hopeful I can get this software to work as I have a Aura MB, Corsair RGB Fans and Evga RGB GPU as well as a rgb enabled case (fortunately it at least works with Aura) all running different syncing software and I like everyone else find that to be extremely frustrating that they all aren't syncing.

Have you by chance looked into EVGA RGB syncing? Just curious.

• 1 month later...
Hey Fma965, can you write up some instructions on how to setup your software? Every time I try to run your .exe it opens Asus Aura for a split second but then immediately closes. If I try to click on the icon in the system tray it just disappears. Clearly I'm not doing something right. I'm REALLY hopeful I can get this software to work as I have a Aura MB, Corsair RGB Fans and Evga RGB GPU as well as a rgb enabled case (fortunately it at least works with Aura) all running different syncing software and I like everyone else find that to be extremely frustrating that they all aren't syncing.

Have you by chance looked into EVGA RGB syncing? Just curious.

It's doing the same to me. I threw it in the debugger, it's blowing up on the aura init, but I did not dig into RGB.net

Archived