Corsair Community

Fans stuck at 100%

Ch3vr0n

So i just "splurged" on some LL120 and 140 fans, commander pro and lighting kit pro. Before i add them all and start configuring them. I thought it prudent to KISS (keep it simple stupid) and only connect a single 120 and 140mm fan (in front case position)

The commander pro properly detects them, but keeps them stuck at 100% even in quiet mode (which means all out at ~1500 RPM). I've tried uninstalling iCUE (and all preferences) to no avail, the only way i manage to keep them quiet is with a custom profile under "performance" and set it to a fixed 25% speed.

100% speed isn't "quiet" no matter what the tab sais.

I've also noticed there's an LED on the commander pro itself and it's NOT lighting up.

LL120 hooked up on fan 1 and lighting node port 1

LL140 hooked up on fan 2 and lighting node port 2

Temp sensors are NOT connected

what am i missing / doing wrong?

Corsair Link is NOT installed, only iCUE (latest version)

The three presets (Q/B/Ex) in the Commander Pro Performance Tab are linked to CPU temperature only and well frankly have always been a little off. Something is wrong with the Quiet profile the last few editions and it tends to blast off at times. That said, you just bought an otherwise highly capable and versatile fan controller. There is absolutely no reason to use those three presets at all. There are no control adjustments, no variable choice, no special smart adaptation for your environment or case, and again no reason to use them. If you look at your custom curve (cooling mode) you will see a long list of variable choices and a multitude of control points (Type these values in the boxes on the left. Don't bother dragging the points.). Use them. So long as the fans are responsive to those changes, there isn't anything wrong with your gear. I kind of think they need to get the preset behavior under control, but because of its low value it is about the last thing on my preferred "fix it" list.

Yeah i'll just keep them at 25% for the moment. Plenty cooling and lets be honest, most of us just want them for the "pretty lights" ^^

Now, any idea why the LED on the commander pro isn't working? Or is it tied directly to the temperature sensors and since none are hooked up, that led isn't on either.

Archived