Corsair Community

Corsair Obsidian 500D SE

Zotty

Hi guys, here are two pics of my new system in the 500D RGB. The gpu isn't there as I'm waiting hopefully for the 11 series announcement shortly before deciding what to buy.

I still have to work on cleaning up the cables behind the PSU.

Note, I am waiting for a replacement glass door hinge as it snapped off when I reattached the doors (it was loose and jiggly to begin with).

https://i.imgur.com/MVdbjRc.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/O6rgsyb.jpg

Edited by Technobeard
pics too big; changed to links

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

The first image, I would blow away the metal dust with an aircan or something like that, but it will probably not harm anything.

The screw hole in the second image is a guiding hole, it is to help you guide the motherboard in place, no screw is needed for that.

Hi everyone,

I have a few questions for those of you who have bought the 500D SE., as I'm considering buying one myself.

1) I've noticed these gaps on the 500D chassis in the official product video, Amazon's product page, as well as some Youtube videos, but I've also seen at least one review on YouTube of a 500D SE that doesn't have them. I would link an example, but I'm not sure if I'd be insta-banned / post removed because of possible advertising. Does your case have this?

2) Does the front glass panel come off? If not, how do you clean it?

3) Probably off-topic, does your Commander Pro that comes with the case somehow store your fan profiles, so that they keep working as you left them, in case you turn iCue off / boot into Linux / whatever?

Thanks in advance!

I just got mine a week ago.

1. Mine does have the unsightly slot holes. I was really hoping it didn't. And they ARE visible through the glass panels.

2. Not sure, I haven't had to clean it yet. But with the side panel open there is a fair bit of space.

3. I run static speeds, I prefer to adjust them myself, (I really miss being able to right click the Link icon in the sys tray and select a profile). I'm having a number of issues with iCrap, I don't trust it to do anything correctly right now.

I just got mine a week ago.

1. Mine does have the unsightly slot holes. I was really hoping it didn't. And they ARE visible through the glass panels.

2. Not sure, I haven't had to clean it yet. But with the side panel open there is a fair bit of space.

3. I run static speeds, I prefer to adjust them myself, (I really miss being able to right click the Link icon in the sys tray and select a profile). I'm having a number of issues with iCrap, I don't trust it to do anything correctly right now.

That doesn't sound very encouraging. :S

I think that there's one challenge here - when you have A LOT of profiles, this can get pretty burdensome. It needs to be a selectable option ... include this profile on the system tray, for example.

wasn't an issue in LINK.. worked well :)...

Hi everyone,

I have a few questions for those of you who have bought the 500D SE., as I'm considering buying one myself.

1) I've noticed these gaps on the 500D chassis in the official product video, Amazon's product page, as well as some Youtube videos, but I've also seen at least one review on YouTube of a 500D SE that doesn't have them. I would link an example, but I'm not sure if I'd be insta-banned / post removed because of possible advertising. Does your case have this?

Thanks in advance!

I just got mine and it doesn't have those holes :)

What is the manufacturing date of your case? I also want one without the slot holes. Can't seem to get an answer from a Corsair forum member.

I would also like to know. :D

I don't know? I checked the box and case and can't see any mention of a date