Corsair Community

2 port SATA III card for Force GT 120 GB

Last week I ordered a GT 120 GB from newegg. When I installed Windows 7, I plugged the drive into no mobo, which is SATA II. I also ordered a Rosewill RC-227 which is a SATA III Marvell card. I installed the latest drivers for the card and then moved the drive (running firmware 1.3) onto the card. Since then I have been experiencing freeze ups and BSODs. I've been reading other people mentioning compatibility issues with Marvell cards. I wish I had read that before ordering the card. I'm going to do some more testing with the drive hooked up to my motherboard, but since I'm still within the return period for the card, I'm thinking of getting something else. Does anyone have a recommendation for a 2 port SATA III card that is more compatible with the GT drives?

I am seeking the same info on a third-party SATA III controller card recommendation for my Corsair Force 3 240GB, as my Asus motherboard has Marvell controller which causes all sorts of troubles, and i am forced to go SATA II for stability (with half of the supposed R/W speed obviously). Heard Intel SATA III card is very good, but anyone actually used it with Corsair Force 3 240GB SSD with solid stability and near 500mb/s sequential R/W speed?

Archived