Corsair Community

Bsod-ram memory problem

Quorthon

My pc is 2 months old ,it worked excelent for 1 month in win 7 32 bit (playng games,video etc) after 1 month while playng Metro 2033 i had some mouse issue (stopt working while I was in game), next day first BSOD.

I try everithing: i have repair, reinstall, win (7 32-64 bit , 8 32-64 bit) use image recovery , hirens boot ;ubuntu;test all the system,test all the cables connections etc, i have update corsair ssd firmware, set AHCI in bios etc all the recomanded settings from corsair , update bios ,reseting bios, secure delete data with partition magic and reinstal wind .Frist i thought it was my ssd because i could·n't instal win and didn't get any ram error after follwing all the advices from corsair forum i could instal wind but it worked for a couple of hours and after some random bsod-repair-recovery win forever brokes and have to reinstal again,I removed the video card , reinstaled win to an old hdd (same issue).It randoms bsod even if i dont instal the drivers and try using windows to see if it works fresh clean install ,i instaled the original driver and updates from official site.My best guess now is ram memory,i run meme test 86 and my screen was all red from the errors .

One more thing that i don't know if it's important my motherboard haves from the beginning on the circuit some yellow spots.

Now is cripple-working (1 day or a few hours) with wind 8 64 bits auto instaled drivers and no antivirus (only win difender) but is random BSOD:copying files ,using winrar watching youtube,trying to install java,direct x,games ; random crashes while using firefox ,google chrome,explorer ; wont let me extracting with winrar large data , won't install games it says data is missing ;however i can use internet to watch movies,create,move,copy,files,write this until it gives a random crash.

I posted this here because the majority of components are from Corsair and maybe someone could help me understand if is a compatibility problem (ram freq - cpu-motherboard) ,software (win,drivers) or broken components (ram).

some errors:

-exception Breakpoint(0x80000003) occured in the application at location 0x7477e202 -random;

-0x80070570 - while instaling wind7 32 bit;

-avast bsod

-error code 0x0 Root cause 1 found unspecific chages to system config have cause the problem -random;

-Werfault.exe error -random;

-unable to start 0xC000000;

-Status: Win Memory Diagtool Hardware problems where detected , contact the manufacturer -memory diagnostic on windows 7 32 bit ;

- a problem has been detected and wind has been shut down to prevent damage to your comp BAD_POOL_CALLER

Technical info Stop:0x000000C2 (0x00000007,0x00001097,0x006F0043,0x90DA3D02);

-Problem signature: Problem Event Name: BlueScreen;

-IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Tech info: 0x0000000A (0x00000028,0x00000002,0x00000001,0x8A8C6FB9;

-AutoFailover 2 Corupt ACI;

-ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x7A740)

Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x41792, 0xFFFFF68008D3EA40, 0x4400000000, 0x0)

Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

description: NT Kernel & System;

-crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\112512-8531-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x7A740)

Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFFA8181382B18, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8025AE67C37, 0x2)

Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

-crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\111412-6754-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlpa.exe (nt+0x122795)

Bugcheck code: 0x1000008E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFFFFF82F5A795, 0xFFFFFFFF8DD8F4DC, 0x0)

Error: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M;

-Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:

BCCode: 1000008e

BCP1: C0000005

BCP2: 82F5A795

BCP3: 8DD8F4DC

BCP4: 00000000

OS Version: 6_1_7601

Service Pack: 1_0

Product: 256_1;

Thanks for the quick reply ,sorry for the typo and bad english (not my native language), I write partition magic not parted magic. I used parted magic and did what you said in the exact succession with no effect.I need to be shure ,until I can change with a new ram memory ,that the bsod is from the ram and not from other component (ssd,motherboard),and that in time will not do the same thing.

Please make sure you have the latest BIOS for your MB and test each stick individually withmemtest86+ (link on the left side bar)

Load set up defaults and then let each stick run for about three passes or until you receive an error. If you find a stick or sticks that error , test those sticks in another MB slot just to be sure you do not have a bad slot.

If they all pass , then you have some other hardware issue at hand.

I tested each stick three passes ,and in another MB slot even the one that i didn't used.First stick that was in the first MB slot that win7 32 bit used is bad and gives more than 1 million errors.The second stick that was in the third MB slot is good,0 errors,now i wonder why did the first stick broke.

• 2 weeks later...

I used the other good ram for 1 week to test my system stability, today I got random bsod again and the ram stick is bad (tested with memtest86+). My first thought was what if i change the ram with new one ,it works for a while and it goes bad, It feels like groundhog day movie.

Crash Dump Analysis

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Sun 09-Dec-12 8:27:09 PM GMT your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\120912-6583-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlpa.exe (nt+0xDEE98)

Bugcheck code: 0x51 (0x1, 0xFFFFFFFFB5C035D8, 0x5E5D4000, 0x465)

Error: REGISTRY_ERROR

file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntkrnlpa.exe

product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

company: Microsoft Corporation

description: NT Kernel & System

Bug check description: This indicates that a severe registry error has occurred.

This bug check indicates there is a problem related to your registry.

The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 09-Dec-12 8:27:09 PM GMT your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrpamp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x1E)

Bugcheck code: 0x51 (0x1, 0xFFFFFFFFB5C035D8, 0x5E5D4000, 0x465)

Error: REGISTRY_ERROR

Bug check description: This indicates that a severe registry error has occurred.

This bug check indicates there is a problem related to your registry.

A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: ntkrpamp.exe .

Google query: ntkrpamp.exe REGISTRY_ERROR

On Sun 09-Dec-12 6:32:14 PM GMT your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\120912-6037-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: aswsnx.sys (aswSnx+0x1DA32)

Bugcheck code: 0x1000008E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFFFFF83098C50, 0xFFFFFFFFBAD559A4, 0x0)

Error: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M

file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\aswsnx.sys

product: avast! Antivirus

company: AVAST Software

description: avast! Virtualization Driver

Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.

This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: aswsnx.sys (avast! Virtualization Driver, AVAST Software).

Google query: AVAST Software KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M

On Sun 09-Dec-12 5:39:22 PM GMT your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\120912-6130-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: dxgmms1.sys (dxgmms1+0x1E3C6)

Bugcheck code: 0x19 (0x3, 0xFFFFFFFF89096C48, 0xFFFFFFFF9F096C48, 0xFFFFFFFF89096C48)

Error: BAD_POOL_HEADER

file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\dxgmms1.sys

description: DirectX Graphics MMS

Bug check description: This indicates that a pool header is corrupt.

This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.

The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 09-Dec-12 4:58:42 PM GMT your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\120912-8455-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlpa.exe (nt+0x9F324)

Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x41790, 0xFFFFFFFFC0802602, 0xFFFF, 0x0)

Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntkrnlpa.exe

description: NT Kernel & System

Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.

This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.

The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Conclusion

5 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. 2 third party drivers have been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

aswsnx.sys (avast! Virtualization Driver, AVAST Software)

ntkrpamp.exe

If no updates for these drivers are available, try searching with Google on the names of these drivers in combination the errors that have been reported for these drivers and include the brand and model name of your computer as well in the query. This often yields interesting results from discussions from users who have been experiencing similar problems.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is actually responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

I would seriously consider having the B RMA'd For one stick to go bad is pretty rare. For the other out of the same kit would suggest you have some other hardware problem.

As for the crash dump, it looks like possibly the memory going bad has caused some sort of corruption. because memtest runs before your OS even loads, so that takes that out of the equation. A bad driver is not going to result in a failing memtest run.

Archived