Corsair Community

Australian Distributor of Gaming products

CouchSloth

I would like to know who distributes Corsair gaming products here in Australia, or if in fact there is isn't one and thus Australian retailers deal direct with Corsair.

The corsair website is not helpful when it comes to finding Australian retailers for Keyboards, let alone any details for an Australian Corsair presence or distributor. I know of one retailer through Google searches, but surely there are others.

I am presently having huge issues with getting reliable information for the K95 blue and brown keyboards and expected arrival dates. Personal issues aside with this particular retailer, I want to know are we getting a fare go here in Australia from Corsair? If we have a distributor then are they doing their job, else if our retailers have to import from Corsair direct, then are we being hard done by from Corsair?

You can probably gather I have some "personal baggage" and I am reluctant to bring it up in this post, but perhaps some context could help. Maybe?

I had keenly been following any news of the Corsair RGB gaming keyboards ever since I learnt about them from Linus Tech during CES 2014. I fell in love with them straight away; I wanted one. I subscribed to Corsairs own website on the RGB keyboards with the promise of information as soon as it came to hand. Those emails never arrived? Not to be put off, when news finally was announced about the impending release I was on the web searching for a retailer to pre-order from.

All the different styles were listed, some with different expected arrival dates. I am a clicky fan so I had to have Cherry Blues along with the most keys, so it was the K95 Blue I ordered. The original expected arrival date got shifted to later, but I wasn't fazed. New keyboards, high demand so I waited patiently, all the time following the reports from users in other locations around the world giving their eperiences with thier new toys. Then the expected arrival date for the K95 Blue disappeared all together; gone, with the retailer stating they could no longer say when this model would arrive to them. Not being able to wait with no promise of any date, I reluctantly chose to change my order to a K95 Brown which had the expected arrival date of today. The big day arrives and then the sad email from the retailer stating they had not received any of these units and now had no idea of when to expect any.

At this point I hope at least some of you, with your lovely keyboard of pure joy (lol) can feel some of my pain. It's not the waiting. Whilst it is hard I can handle it, but it's the fact I cannot get any firm dates from the retailers, as I suspect they have none to offer. All the while I have to stare at the K70 RGB Brown keyboard I bought my girlfriend, sitting just inches away from me on our shared office desk. Teasing with with its rainbow ripple. The keyboard I bought for her birthday and one that we had available in Australia. Why not settle for the same type? Well they have no longer have stock and no expected ETA for more...:[pouts:

...Writing this has been somewhat of therapy, but it will not eliminate my need to know WHEN?...When can I expect to see my K95 keyboard? Do we have an Australian Distributor? Are there other retailers here in Australia?...Are we alone? (lol). Dear Corsair, please...please provide me with some "treatment" (aka information).

Archived