Corsair Community

k95 rgb not working

kregstrong

My k95 rgb lights will not work if the corsair software is running. If I shut the software down the keyboard lights up to the default red and white. I have tried reinstalling software, updating firmware for keyboard, uninstalling k95 in device manager and reinstalling. Unplugging and plugging back in

Not sure what else to try. Any suggestions?

My k95 rgb lights will not work if the corsair software is running. If I shut the software down the keyboard lights up to the default red and white. I have tried reinstalling software, updating firmware for keyboard, uninstalling k95 in device manager and reinstalling. Unplugging and plugging back in

Not sure what else to try. Any suggestions?

Open CUE. At the top and to the right of the Settings Gear, there is a toggle for 'Advanced Mode'. Flip that toggle.

The core pre-programmed lighting effects (rainbow, rain, color shift, etc) can only be used in the Basic mode. Most lighting effects you see on the forum or elsewhere on line will have been created in Advanced Mode with its more elaborate options. A profile is tied to the mode it was created in. When you flip back to basic mode, you should get a spiral rainbow (HW1), rain (HW2), and a third (HW3) I have forgotten. Those profiles are saved to the keyboard directly and have some limitations regarding that. You can create other profiles that are not bound in that way. Your default profile will be the one at the top of the list ist in CUE, not the one named 'default'.

Archived