Corsair Community

Yet another CL "not recognizing" topic

SSGTSemperFi

OK, so, outside of the specs in my profile, it's a Corsair H115i.

I've trolled through the forums, searched through Google, watched all the youtubage, no luck

I simply can't get my system, or Corsair Link, for that matter to recognize the H115i

http://imgur.com/a/zABMa

There's an Imgur album of what i've been looking at.

The best I can tell, the unrecognized device via Device Manager/SIV is the LINK header. i've attempted all three headers on my board, all three verified working by switching out my front IO header. I attempted to uninstall the device from the manager and shut down my rig for 5+ minutes

I've go no registry folder for the LINK so far as I can tell, so i'm unable to edit that way

and lastly, LINK itself showing that it is, in fact, not available.

I've attempted multiple versions of CL, no luck with any

As stated above, i've tried all three USB headers on my board, no luck with any of them

I've checked, double checked, and even triple checked all the connections related to the H115i, all are connected properly.

Lookin' for a bit of help here, perhaps there's something that i've overlooked in my troubleshooting?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Also, as a side note, this is my first Corsair AIO. I'm switching from a Glacer 240L whose pump died because of growth in the loop (loop was never opened for expansion so i'm assuming that CM doesn't use a growth inhibitor of any kind), and with the H115i, i'm seeing an increase of about 10c idle temps (even through the struggling pump and growth-coated plate of the 240L). I'm planning to switch out the factory TIM with some MX4, but my question is - is the Corsair factory TIM known for being a bit sketchy? I'm seeing idle temps in the mid 40's with the 115i. While well within the acceptable range, I find it rather disappointing that a bigger rad and (assuming) clean loop is not even capable of being on par with a dying loop)

I've worked with Swiftech, Cooler Master, and NZXT AIO's as well as custom loops in the past, and these are the highest idle temps i've seen outside of a stock cooler.

1. How do you know the problem device is the H115i? Does it come and go as you plug/unplug the H115i USB cable?
  2. The registry key for a H115i should be VID_1B1C&PID_0C0A which I can't see, what does [Link Devices] report?
  3. There are no device descriptions are showing on [uSB Bus] which is a PITA and I suspect USBDEVS.txt is not where it should be.
  4. Until [uSB Bus] lists the H115i then no software will be able to report it.
  5. I would use Device Manager to uninstall the problem device, hot unplug the H115i SATA power for 10 seconds and see what happens on the re-plug.
  6. See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=853900 for how to attach a file/screen image to a post

1. How do you know the problem device is the H115i? Does it come and go as you plug/unplug the H115i USB cable?
  2. The registry key for a H115i should be VID_1B1C&PID_0C0A which I can't see, what does [Link Devices] report?
  3. Until [uSB Bus] list the H115i then no software will be able to report it.
  4. I would use Device Manager to uninstall the problem device, hot unplug the H115i SATA power for 10 seconds and see what happens on the re-plug.
  5. See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=853900 for how to attach a file/screen image to a post

1. Yes sir, it also corresponds to the occupied hub via Device Manager
  2. Link Devices shows nothing available
  3. -
  4. Upon uninstall/ hot unplug/replug, Device manager continues to show it as the Unknown device.
  5. Apologies, i'm used to forums having an absolutely tiny file size limit, attached a photo of the Devices screen

CL5.png.768c274cf0591a41f1e4a6ef3ec4ee31.png

How long have you had the H115i and has it ever worked?

I've only had it about a week, and no sir. My next step was to contact customer support if I wasn't able to get it figured out via the community.

I prefer not to use RMA's/warranties unless necessary, especially for companies that have stellar support.

I suspect either the device is faulty or you have some other hardware issue.

First: Apologies about linking you to CL4 Devices, my brain interpreted it as such... guess it's been a longer day than I thought. Added a new attachment below.

Guess my next step is to swap her out for an H110i. Wish I had come across this before purchasing it!! haha. The help is MUCH appreciated!

CL6.png.d8f3454a9b70266190191cc31444ce38.png

attachment.php?attachmentid=30006&d=1498371773

Guess my next step is to swap her out for an H110i. Wish I had come across this before purchasing it!! :laughing:

[Link Devices] confirms Windows has never detected the H115i.

You are far from being the first which they had checked the forum before purchasing and suspect you won't be the last.

I can see SIV is not working as it should as I suspect you failed to extract all the files as I specified so should do this.

Once you have done this the [uSB Bus] should list names rather than numbers. BTW a H110i will be a Corsair Integrated USB Bridge.

ALL of the files in the siv.zip release should be extracted to C:\Program Files\SIV\ or similar and SIV should be run from there.

Archived