Corsair Community

Supply and Demand Frustrations

zguy85

So I must say I am pretty frustrated with the low supply of the ONE PRO and TI. I completely understand that it must have been beyond popular then the company predicted with their sales team before going to market. Only reliable place I can find it at the moment is on Amazon.com, which offers the standard and PRO with an estimated ship date of 07JUNE-06JUL.

BestBuy took the PRO off their site yesterday after not having any in stock for over a month, and unfortunately because I was looking forward to their 24 month interest free financing option. Frys Electronics has had both standard and PRO on their website for over a month now and has yet to be available. I even asked the Frys employees in the computer department if they even heard of Corsair One, and was news to them that they even had it on their site.

I really do wish there was more frequent interaction from the company than just Corsair Alan who seems to be the only official voice on the forums which to me is not enough feedback and insight with what’s going on with the product and what exactly the bottle neck is in production. I appreciate you Alan, but for a spanking brand new High Pri product, where are all the other voices? Other than this form, it’s silent on the outside and in the retail stores. This doesn’t make sense from a consumer stand point unless starving the targeted consumer with low demand is Corsairs strategy and that doesn’t feel good so what exactly is the bottle neck?

A concern of mine are possible defects in finished products being over sought, due to such high demand at the moment. I hope Corsair's quality assurance is on their game concerning production, and I am sure they are.

If I had to guess, I think the bottle neck is lack of production personnel and/or more so, no stock of GPU's (1080 or TI's). If that's the case, Corsair has hundreds if not more systems partially assembled just waiting on a GPU shipment from MSI or whoever. Is this the bottleneck or is there more to it?

I have to agree... I'm beginning to see 1080 TIs in stock at multiple sites... so I'm not sure they can blame that part for the delay. I've been patiently waiting, but my patience is wearing thin... I may break down and go for the Cyberpowerpc Syber Vapor Extreme.

That way, I can also get an M2 drive.

Don't get me wrong, I am very much interested in purchasing this product, but I need to know realistic availability of the TI. Otherwise, I can't plan accordingly on my end with other expenses, budgeting, etc. Not knowing a timeline from Corsair or even the Retailers does not promote assurance. If Corsair could provide some information to plan accordingly, it would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Makes me wonder just a bit... Are they having engineering problems producing a unit with the 1080Ti? Too much heat for such a small case? Perhaps they overreached?

Interesting thought. Another possibility could be 500W is not enough for the particular TI card at its full potential overclocked, and now trying to find another compatible card or more powerful PS that will fit in the case.

Interesting thought. Another possibility could be 500W is not enough for the particular TI card at its full potential overclocked, and now trying to find another compatible card or more powerful PS that will fit in the case.

Surely not, there's lots of builds out there with 450w/500w for typical single card 1080 Ti setups...500W is fine. It makes you wonder if there's other QC issues at hand, to be honest, especially when communication around availability is nil (not even 'mid-summer').

• Corsair Employee

Hi Shuck,

The delay is mainly due to supply constraints. We want to build them asap but that is only one part of the entire process. But we are glad people have taken a mass interest in obtaining a CORSAIR ONE.

• 2 weeks later...
So I must say I am pretty frustrated with the low supply of the ONE PRO and TI. I completely understand that it must have been beyond popular then the company predicted with their sales team before going to market. Only reliable place I can find it at the moment is on Amazon.com, which offers the standard and PRO with an estimated ship date of 07JUNE-06JUL.

BestBuy took the PRO off their site yesterday after not having any in stock for over a month, and unfortunately because I was looking forward to their 24 month interest free financing option. Frys Electronics has had both standard and PRO on their website for over a month now and has yet to be available. I even asked the Frys employees in the computer department if they even heard of Corsair One, and was news to them that they even had it on their site.

I really do wish there was more frequent interaction from the company than just Corsair Alan who seems to be the only official voice on the forums which to me is not enough feedback and insight with what’s going on with the product and what exactly the bottle neck is in production. I appreciate you Alan, but for a spanking brand new High Pri product, where are all the other voices? Other than this form, it’s silent on the outside and in the retail stores. This doesn’t make sense from a consumer stand point unless starving the targeted consumer with low demand is Corsairs strategy and that doesn’t feel good so what exactly is the bottle neck?

A concern of mine are possible defects in finished products being over sought, due to such high demand at the moment. I hope Corsair's quality assurance is on their game concerning production, and I am sure they are.

If I had to guess, I think the bottle neck is lack of production personnel and/or more so, no stock of GPU's (1080 or TI's). If that's the case, Corsair has hundreds if not more systems partially assembled just waiting on a GPU shipment from MSI or whoever. Is this the bottleneck or is there more to it?

I assume it's the GPU - Maybe they can only build with FE edition Pascal cards and I don't see too many of those being sold anywhere. The TI version will most likely not be returning, though one can hope for an RX Vega version of the pro. lastly, hiring a bunch of people who can actually do the wiring correctly on the Pro. Since the wiring and cable management is a huge part of the build.

For those that are still waiting, I ordered my Corsair One with 1080ti very close to the launch date and only just received it. The Corsair team was responsive and the system is great! If you don't mind waiting then you'll be happy with the product.

The only downside is no m.2 - I hope they provide it as an option in the future and release a guide on how to safely disassemble it so we can install our own.

Best Buy currently carries standard and PRO models not the TI model true, but keep in mind that it won't be available anywhere for al long time from what I gathered from the quote below. If you plan on waiting a long time to get the TI than Kudos. I decided not to wait that out and had it purchased and on my desk from Best Buy in four days with a 12 month interest free financing plan, another plus.

Hey guys, I'm the product manager for Corsair One and wanted to drop in and hopefully give you some answers and alleviate some concerns.

The Corsair One Pro with the 1080 Ti, the configuration that we sold on the webstore was a very limited run and will not be restocked. While I can't comment on future configurations, I can tell you that we paid very close attention to how fast those units moved (let alone how fast Corsair One has moved in general).

Best Buy currently carries standard and PRO models not the TI model true, but keep in mind that it won't be available anywhere for al long time from what I gathered from the quote below. If you plan on waiting a long time to get the TI than Kudos. I decided not to wait that out and had it purchased and on my desk from Best Buy in four days with a 12 month interest free financing plan, another plus.

Good point.... I'm sitting here looking like a fool on hope and change while never knowing if it's going to happen. I'm looking at some other models (sorry Corsair) but you have to be able to supply your customers or you lose them.

Will you be able to upgrade?

Good point.... I'm sitting here looking like a fool on hope and change while never knowing if it's going to happen. I'm looking at some other models (sorry Corsair) but you have to be able to supply your customers or you lose them.

Will you be able to upgrade?

From Corsair of course! Wouldn't want to void the warranty

I am looking forward to the upgrade options in the further future. Currently I am more than satisfied only running at 1080P. When I get a new display in the coming year or so it will be 4K and an upgraded card would be much appreciated to keep those frames above 60.

I also understand that the unit would have to be sent in for the rework. I would imagine that would also potentially include an upgraded Power Supply depending upon the hardware. As with the 1080 TI, there would have to be an upgrade to the 500W model, but future GPU's like NVidia's Volta might not require 250W of power so maybe not necessary.

Archived