Corsair Community

M65 RGB Laser Gaming Mouse freeze/stutter issue

ArcticBomb

Hi!

So I've had this mouse since october last year and I've loved it. Altough during the last 3-4 months or so I've hade this lag/stutter where the mouse freezes for like 1/5th of a second continuously and sometimes (rarely) it freezes for a couple of seconds. I've been all over the internet searching for what could cause the problem but I can't find anything, so I thought I would make a post here about it.

Today it has been really bad, the stuttering has come and gone over 15 times over the course of 5 hours. The only thing I've noticed that seem to be connected to it is that if I leave the computer for a little while and then come back the mouse it seems to start stuttering/freeze. Does anyone know what is the cause of this?

I have the newest software installed from the Corsair Utility Engine (1.8.122).

-Thanks

Do you have another computer you can try the mouse on? Just to get outside of the possible issues the computer itself.

Hi and thanks for your reply!

I have tested it on other computers and it is behaving the same way. Although I never tried installing the Corsair Utility Engine on that computer since I figured it wouldn't help anyway since I have that installed on this computer and it still stutters/freezes. I also tested another old mouse on this computer which worked without problems.

Edited by ArcticBomb
added words for clarification

• 11 months later...

Okay, I just got my new RMA mouse M65 Pro RGB... This one is good, everything is fine.. Right click is a little bit hard but that's okay.. When I play games sometimes it just freezes like 1 second.. Or it jumps like when I play L4D2 or other games.. Even when I am not playing.. Movine the mouse..

My crosshair just jumps to the side I move it like some inches.. However... It's ver annoying and I just got this RMA, brand new M65 PRO RGB... I am not going to RMA this one again!!! It could be a software problem that needs update or something... BTW, this don't happen everytime... Just like 5 times I play a game...

I am going to try to use my computer USB passthrough instead of my K70 RGB LUX RGB USB passthrough.. To see if it's that's causing the problem...

@Corsair Henry

(EDIT) It's still the same when I connected it in other USB ports on my pc.. First when I connected the new mouse it did upgrade the firmware directly.. Please help me.. What can I do?

Edited by JustGamer

What surface are you using the mouse on? Weird that the cursor will jump to the side if you just move in a inch or so. Does it only jump when you are in game?

C0orsair MM300, It doesn't matter now because I sent back the old mouse and also showed the problem to the store and I've changed my mouse to Logitech G502 Proteus spectrum that's a lot better mouse..

The mouse u sent me also had the same left & right click button issues as all old mouses I've had.

I can do about 450 clicks/minute = 11 clicks/second with the G502 and with ur mouse I even couldn't go over 70, I always was on between 50-60 clicks per minute..

Something is wrong with your M65 pro RGB model, either it is the switches or the design it's built in.. When u click with it it's very hard to press and u can even hear a noise sound after u click...

And about my K70 LUX RGB I don't know if I am going to RMA it... About that noise coming from the LEDS when I turn them on..

• 10 months later...
  • Corsair Employee
Either RMA it or try reinstalling the firmware. It can be an issue with the firmware, or a problem with the actual sensor or hardware in the mouse. Lot's of issues like this can be fixed with a replacement. So, if you're experiencing it just create a ticket. We'll fix ya up.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...