Corsair Community

Product suggestion - new wireless mouse charging pad

Parmenedes

Please please please release a mousepad that charges a wireless mouse from anywhere on the pad while using the mouse! The current wireless charging pad kind of seems like in trying to serve two purposes - charging a phone and charging a mouse, it accomplishes neither particularly well.

I don’t need a mouse pad that adheres to the chi standard, but what I do really want is one that allows me to never even have to think about charging my mouse! There are other products out there that do this - I bet Corsair can make a better one and am hoping that one is in development!

I love Corsair’s products, and this is something I’d like to see in the future.

Thanks!

Your request is moot.

You can get a full day of wireless off a full charge of the Dark Core. When not using the mouse, place it on the Chi spot for recharging. Simple. Your request is a typical Millenial's idea of being super lazy and not wanting to have to think about what they are doing. Just ditch and go.

Apophis, that’s quite the chip you have on your shoulder. You don’t know anything about me, and your comment is pretty uncalled for. I’m not a millennial (39 years old), but I also don’t really have anything against them and feel like the flack they catch is the same old “kids these days” mentality that doesn’t really contribute anything useful to social dynamics (or to conversations such as this one) aside from letting you feel self-righteous in your condemnation of others.

All that aside, I feel that the best technology is tech that is invisible - that you don’t have to think about. These days we’re all tethered to our phones and other devices - devices that were meant to free us up and make things easier but that instead often make things more complicated by constantly needing to make sure they’re charged, troubleshooting them, causing us to feel like we are obligated to always be at the beck and call of the rest of the world, etc.

I have to charge half a dozen devices each day and have an assortment of cables, dongles, etc. in various locations in my house, car, and work. I use various devices for various purposes in my work teaching, and they often help me to accomplish tasks and convey ideas in better ways than I could have ten years ago, but sometimes the tech just gets in the way instead of helping. The best tech is tech you don’t have to worry about and that you don’t even notice. I’m looking forward to the day when wireless charging works at long enough distances to becomes ubiquitous and seamless, where our phones etc. just charge themselves while they’re in our pockets or on our desks at home, work, coffee shops, etc. - as long as it doesn’t give us brain tumors or make us all sterile :-)

Anyway, end rant. Thank you, Corsair Lettuce and Corsair Mint for your response and consideration of my suggestion.

i should +1 on this, would be really awesome to just drop your phone on your mousepad without having to think about it if its correctly centered or not,

also make the new mouse pad rgb! having a battery in the mouse pad would make it even better, to charge your phone/mouse/whateverelsesupportswhirelesscharging without worrying that your mousepad doesnt get power, now i dont know how the current one works since i dont have it for the sole purpose that the whireless charger is in the corner only, instead i went with the cheaper imo option and got the scimitar today :D

It's pretty nice idea! The mouse pad with wireless charging on the entire surface alongside with the mouse battery will just provide the comfort of not worry about to charge it in our houses and the flexibility to carry it on to where we need without the mouse pad, like on a small championship or just a quick play at a friends house.

About the idea of Sparq, I don't believe that a battery on the mouse pad is a necessity. It will just add more weight, price and a sort of "hazard" as the batteries is not fully reliable, even more when put together with electromagnetic energy, as it will create a kind of parasite current, like Foucault current induced by the magnetic field being variable around the battery, being able to cause overheating and leading medium to severe damage due to risk of battery explosion.

And the concern about the mouse pad not providing or getting enough power to energize such a big coil, it's sure that the power required meets with the USB 3.1 standards.

Let's develop this idea more and more!

• Corsair Employee

Random thought: what if the charging was slower because of the constant moving of the mouse, do you feel it's a good trade off vs the overall area?

(not an actual developmental question, just a thought)

I may be weird because I see comments like this suggestion on youtube reviews all over the place. People seem to like the logitech and razer charging mouse pad systems more, but a cheaper set with a non-proprietary charging system is why I chose the corsair set.

Archived