Corsair Community

Am I using the iCue software wrong? Cant get desired effect

Standoff

I have the Lighting Node Pro and 3 LL RGB fans.

I'm just playing with the effects seeing if I can learn the effects. I've worked out the order which you set things gives the priority. But its the timing which doesn't seem to make any sense at all.

Im trying to do a simple clock effect. With the fan lights turned off but have one LED on the outside ticking a long, moving every second.

I use the solid effect, set the timer to 12 seconds, and for and have a duration between 0-1 second on the time line at 100% and the rest off. I set this to only occur on the top LED. This makes it appear on for 1 second every 12 seconds.

I make another solid effect, on the time line I set it to come on at 1.0 seconds to 2.0 second and set it to the next LED along. I do the same for between 3.0 and 4.0 seconds, and then between 4.0 to 5.0 seconds on the time line and set it to just occur on the one corresponding LED

The first 2 lights, sometimes 3 lights work as intended and the light changes like a ticking clock. But after that the other lights seem to be on a different time scale and seem to randomly come on.

Its like the timer for each lighting effect isn't synced.

Am I doing something wrong?

(p.s. sorry about the spacing of this, it didn't look like that while typing)

When it comes to movement and timing, I’m not sure too many things are simple. Try a wave effect with a speed of 1 LED per second and a tail of either 1 or 12 depending on whether you want the entire fan lit at the conclusion or just one led. Lighting time will be 12 sec if you intend to apply this to each fan individually (simultaneous swirl will require 3 duplicated instances) or 36 seconds and applied all three fans.

There is quite a bit nuance. If you are tweaking things and it feels like you are off cycle, select another profile and then change back.

When it comes to movement and timing, I’m not sure too many things are simple. Try a wave effect with a speed of 1 LED per second and a tail of either 1 or 12 depending on whether you want the entire fan lit at the conclusion or just one led. Lighting time will be 12 sec if you intend to apply this to each fan individually (simultaneous swirl will require 3 duplicated instances) or 36 seconds and applied all three fans.

There is quite a bit nuance. If you are tweaking things and it feels like you are off cycle, select another profile and then change back.

I tried the wave effect but it seemed to suddenly stop at the end and there was a very noticeable jump from when then cycle ended and it starting again.

Anyway I noticed when I booted up my computer in this morning, the "effect" I was playing with last night seems to be working correctly.

It seems the tool gets the timings completely messed up when you are adding to the profile. I added to it, using the timings which should work but ignored what I was actually seeing.

Once done I loaded a completely different profile and then back to the one I made and it worked fine.

Seems like a bug which needs sorting.

When you add effects, it does not "restart the clock" on each add. Similarly, you can alter the timing by toggling effects on or off. It won't reset the clock until to change the profile, restart the service, etc. I am not sure I would think of it as a bug. If you are playing around with different lighting effects trying to see what it looks like, you may not appreciate a full system lighting restart each time you apply an effect. Regardless, it is a 2 click process to put things back on schedule.

If the wave ends abruptly or does not finish, you likely need to make the timing interval longer. Timing is measured in lights per seconds and for fans you need to count the number of lights along your total length. LL have 16, but I don't have one to play around with to see if the center 4 count in length or are simultaneous with the outer ring. Either way, the tools are there but it does require some experimentation to learn the behaviors.

Archived