Corsair Community

Very high cpu temp H150i pro

Hiszzpan

Hello guys. I have H150i pro on my tr4 socket with special adapter from Corsair.

Everything works great I can hear pump and see all fans working. But the problem is cpu temp. 3min after power on its almost 100c. I change termal paste and still nothing. I’m wondering if adapter is too loose. What do you think guys? What can be wrong?

If something is loose you need to remount the cooler and make sure everything is secure. If everything is secured properly and you still have 100C I think you might have a faulty pump. The one time I installed a Corsair cooler with an instant 100C the pump was dead. Can you access Windows at all? I would start looking into getting a replacement cooler ASAP.

If you can’t get into Windows to check coolant temp, it might be a bit harder to decipher. Ticking up +1C at a time is more like a “zero flow state” that can happen if the pump fails or the flow blocked. A way to try and differentiate between the poor contact and zero flow is to let the pc stay off for a number of hours. Then try to boot up. If it’s the mount, you will be right back at 94C and that condition is consistently high or sometimes wildly erratic from one second to the next. If instead the cpu temp is 35, but ticking upwards 40...45...50..55..60... and on, then that is a cooler issue. The coolant will eventually settle at room temp, but when you are continuously trying to boot up it gets hot and can’t shed the heat as it never makes it to the radiator. It has to cool down on its own over time.

Archived