Corsair Community

1000D Commander Pro Fan-RGB Setup

Hello forum I am currently in the process of building a 1000D and I would like to know how everyone is setting up the 1000D if you max out on the fans in terms Power and LED's is everyone using multiple Commander and Node Pros and daisy chaining them together. Please let me know. Also if you have any recommendations please feel free thank you in advance

More System Info

AMD - Threadripper 1950X 3.4GHz 16-Core Processor

Phanteks G​lacier Ser​ies PH-C39​9A_CR01 GL​ACIER C399​A CPU Bloc​k for AMD ​ThreadRipp​er CPUs - ​Mirror Chr​ome

Asus - ROG ZENITH EXTREME EATX TR4 Motherboard

Corsair VE​NGEANCE® R​GB PRO 64G​B (8 x 8GB​) DDR4 DRA​M 3600MHz ​C18 Memory​ Kit — Bla​ck

Samsung - 960 Pro 2TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive

Western Digital - Red Pro 8TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Western Digital - Red Pro 8TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB FTW3 GAMING iCX Video Card (2-Way SLI)

EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB FTW3 GAMING iCX Video Card (2-Way SLI)

Corsair - 1600W 80+ Titanium Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit

Microsoft - Office Professional 2016 Software

Creative Labs - ZXR 24-bit 192 KHz Sound Card

Alphacool ​NexXxoS UT​60 Full Co​pper 480mm​ Radiator ​(14175) $129.99

EK-FC1080 ​GTX Ti FTW​3 RGB - Ni​ckel

EK-FC1080 ​GTX Ti FTW​3 RGB - Ni​ckel

Hi Rosenbergm,

I've built a couple of 1000D's here at the office. I used 4 commander pros to control the fans and divided the RGB Hubs into groups of 4 fans so the lights looked correct. I daisy chained the commanders together I can get about 5 of them working before the limits of USB start becoming an issue.

So if you are going to build this I would take your fans and divide them by 6 and that will give you the number of commanders you will need to get the job done. Also limit the number of commanders to 5 per USB channel (port on your board).

Then split the fans into color groups based on the number of fans on each side of your radiators. So if you use a 480mm rad in push/pull you would need 2 LED hubs, one per side.

The last thing I would take note of is that the commander that comes with the case has a special firmware on it to control the front IO and logo LEDs on channel 1. I would count this out when deciding how many LED channels you need for your fans. Instead I would use it to control any RGB strips in the case, if you use them. You can still use it to control fan speed too.

Other than that, good luck on the build and I hope to see pics!

• 4 months later...

Found this thread through search. I'm going to be building a 1000D with 8 LL120 fans on the front, and 5 LL140 fans in the top and rear.

I will be using two commander Pros. I will also have 4 light strips in the case.

Will two commander pros be enough? How should I wire up the fans, I am so confused. Just put 6 fans on the commander pro that comes with the case, and the rest in the 2nd? Will iCue be smart enough to figure out what fan is where?

Two Commander Pros will be enough. Unless at least some of your fans are controlled by an AIO pump, you'll need at least 1 2-way splitter, which is fine.

iCUE does not know which fan is where. It just knows "Fan 1", "Fan 2" and "Fan 3". You can, however, override the names and make them something meaningful.

And ... unless you use a splitter for the RGB Fan Hubs, you'll have all of your Lighting Channels filled up. On the 1000D, having and RGB Fan Hub splitter for the front does provide for some cool effects - you'll have either top/bottom 4 or left/right 4 matched with identical effects from a single lighting channel.

Archived