Corsair Community

CORSAIR ML 140 PRO_Crazy sound

acidkhmer

Hi all ;)

I'm going nuts with the corsair ML140Pro, the fan is making a strange sound like a bird trapped in my case!

I ve got a corsair 900d case all watercooled by 2 X 480 Radiators, all fan in noiseblocker e-loop PWM.

I'm replacing the noiseblocker by corsair ML120 and 140 Pro "blue" series PWM.

But all my M140 is making this Brid chirp sound very loud!

Some times it goes, some times its back for some minutes, the sound goes for some times if i've push gently on the motor area.

Ive allready make 2 RMA Cycle with my seller, the new ML140pro is working good for about an hour and the bird sound is back??

is there a defect on this fans or is it normal on this type of bearing? Singing sound is so loud impossible to for my wife to sleep when gaming LOL

26€ per unit for this type of QC i'm a little dispointed, is it worth ive keep rma all fans until to have good ones?

It takes so mutch time and postal cost, just want to know if its badluck?

Regards,

Nara

• 1 year later...
Hi all ;)

I'm going nuts with the corsair ML140Pro, the fan is making a strange sound like a bird trapped in my case!

I ve got a corsair 900d case all watercooled by 2 X 480 Radiators, all fan in noiseblocker e-loop PWM.

I'm replacing the noiseblocker by corsair ML120 and 140 Pro "blue" series PWM.

But all my M140 is making this Brid chirp sound very loud!

Some times it goes, some times its back for some minutes, the sound goes for some times if i've push gently on the motor area.

Ive allready make 2 RMA Cycle with my seller, the new ML140pro is working good for about an hour and the bird sound is back??

is there a defect on this fans or is it normal on this type of bearing? Singing sound is so loud impossible to for my wife to sleep when gaming LOL

26€ per unit for this type of QC i'm a little dispointed, is it worth ive keep rma all fans until to have good ones?

It takes so mutch time and postal cost, just want to know if its badluck?

Regards,

Nara

Interesting, I bought two Corsair ML140 140mm Premium Magnetic Levitation today for pulling air in a push pull configuration for my h115i platinum aio and having exactly the same issue for one of them, the bird sound. I am pretty sure it is a bad fan but not 100% sure since I have heard magnetic fans may sound weird if not having enough power? (they are connected to a splitter)

Assuming the "bird sound" is what is sometime categorized as chirping, this is usually a problem with the motor itself. Bearing difficulties usually have a grind-like tone, but regardless the speed of the fan even at low is going to make it sound like something continuous, rather than sporadic chirping or tweeting. Unfortunately if this is true, there isn't a consumer end cure and you need to replace it.

Every once in a while, someone may tighten a fan down a bit too hard to the point the blade nicks the frame (or extremely close), but only every 20-50 revolutions or so and it mimics the above problem. You can try loosening each screw just a half turn to make sure you don't exchange it without reason.

@c-attack

You are my hero, it's a bit too early to celebrate but I believe it helped loosening the screws, I will keep this running of the weekend and listen for birds. ;-)

Perhaps the magnetic ML fans are a bit more sensitive than other type of fans for overtightening? Perhaps this could be included in some kind of faq because googling gave me some hits similar to my case/experience.

You also saved me about 75 minutes of time today, I don't have to go to the shop. ;-)

Archived