Corsair Community

Brand New Corsair K95 Platinum Cherry malfunctioning, wrong keys, W sometimes A

nssinc

I just bought a brand new Corsair K95 RGB Platinum cherry mechanical keyboard from Newegg and upon hooking it up with the latest iCUE software preinstalled (for my Void Pro headset and h100 watercooler) I found that within Overwatch that occasionally I'd be moving in the wrong direction.

So if I'm holding W to go forward, I'm also going left at the same time.

I just respawned now and after not hitting any keys, I pressed forward (W) and I'm going left and forward.

I tried a firmware update and clearing storage but that didn't fix the issue.

Is this a defective keyboard right out the box?

Edit: I also experienced it while holding W going forward and suddenly while holding W i'm now going forward and left (A).

Edited by nssinc

Can you try installing switch hitter from elite keyboards to see if any other keys are being activated while press the W key?

I spent a few minutes tapping, holding single keys, holding multiple keys, etc., but I couldn't reproduce the issue within Switch Hitter.

It doesn't happen excessively while playing either, but enough that it annoys me. Sometimes it happens often within a short period of time, other times it doesn't seem to happen at all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Well, My votee is for the lateer! I'm typing this on my 1 DDAY olld remanufacturedd/rercertifieddd K95! It is the 5th KB corrsai has sent mee oveeerr 2 yearrs and 3 months! Alll 5 have ha this same issue comee up in 4 to 11 months. So IMHO its is a buye bewae situation!! This rermanufacturred one is by far th worst one I have ever had!