Corsair Community

Corsair Vengeance 1500 v2 Headphones - White Noise, Popping, and Skin Irritation

FireClawGames

I just received my headphones on 11/13/14 that I ordered from Newegg on 11/11/14, and I noticed some problems:

- White noise in the background whenever provided power (even when at BIOS screen)

- *Popping while surround sound mode is on and starting and stopping sound sources (e.g. YouTube and Winamp)

- Skin irritation around ears from microfiber material on pads

I made sure I plugged in the headphones in an USB 2.0 port and I installed Corsair's program off of their website: http://downloads.corsair.com/download?item=Files/Gaming-Headsets/Corsair-Gaming-HeadsetSetup_Release_2.0.35.msi.zip

Any tips on getting rid of some of these problems? Is the irritation temporary?

P.S. I was quite impressed with the bass and surround though.

UPDATE: I've disabled onboard audio and there is still white noise

*Popping sound is gone

Unfortunately there is no workaround or fix to the white noise when plugged in.

Does the sound still pop when you have the generic Microsoft audio drivers installed instead of the Corsair drivers?

You can get the leatherette earpads instead if the microfiber material causes skin irritation.

http://www.corsair.com/en/headset-earpads-black-leatherette

Unfortunately there is no workaround or fix to the white noise when plugged in.

Does the sound still pop when you have the generic Microsoft audio drivers installed instead of the Corsair drivers?

You can get the leatherette earpads instead if the microfiber material causes skin irritation.

http://www.corsair.com/en/headset-earpads-black-leatherette

Wait, would getting a PCI USB hub not help with the white noise because of less interference from the motherboard? What about a PCI soundcard?

I got rid of the popping by either restarting or disabling onboard sound before reading this.

I also bought the leatherette pads before reading this.

I'm not sure if a PCI USB card would help with the white noise, you can try it though. A PCI soundcard will not work as it's a USB headset and not a analogue headset.

These are just things that I heard online. I'll order a PCI card and keep this thread up to date, if it doesn't work I'll just return it to Newegg.

Hey, I got the same problems as you

- Sound still playing at 0

- Some cracking / popping noises. Very bery bad in 7.1, very bad in 5.1 and bad in 2.1.

I did have some white noise, I put the mic level at 0 on the windows config panel, and now it's ok (and people still can hear me...? I don't get why)

I tried it with 2.0.35 and 1.1 drivers. Still get the same troubles.

I tested it using : [ame]

[/ame]

Sound never appear to come from behind, the bass one make no sound. The only speakers highlighter in the driver window is either front right or front left.

I love Corsair products for their hardware, but I always got troubles with drivers (got an old M90 as well).

Anyone?

Hey, I got the same problems as you

- Sound still playing at 0

- Some cracking / popping noises. Very bery bad in 7.1, very bad in 5.1 and bad in 2.1.

I did have some white noise, I put the mic level at 0 on the windows config panel, and now it's ok (and people still can hear me...? I don't get why)

I tried it with 2.0.35 and 1.1 drivers. Still get the same troubles.

I tested it using :

Sound never appear to come from behind, the bass one make no sound. The only speakers highlighter in the driver window is either front right or front left.

I love Corsair products for their hardware, but I always got troubles with drivers (got an old M90 as well).

Anyone?

Try uninstalling the device from your computer with the device manager. Then unplug and replug it, that helped me with the deafening sound and popping, but not white noise.

As I recall, YouTube doesn't have surround sound, try finding another website for that.

• 2 months later...
Sorry for a delayed post, I got the new PCI USB card with no improvements. I successfully RMAed them and received new ones that worked better for awhile. But I've noticed that my motherboard does not have that good of performance. It was giving USB 3.0 External Hard Drives USB 2.0 performance! I'll update this thread when I buy a new motherboard in the future, I was due for an upgrade anyways.

Archived