Corsair Community

Vengeance 2100 - Windows 7 not recognizing usb stick

Wezelkrozum

Hello,

Today I received my replacement vengeance 2100. After fully charging the headset I plugged in the usb connection stick and the 2.0.25 as well as the 2.0.26 driver didn't recognize the stick.

When I manually selected the driver located at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\Corsair Headset Software\Driver\Package" for the hardware listed as "Vengeance 2100" Windows tells it couldn't find a compatible driver in the folder.

As Android developer I'm familiar with the - The hardware id doesn't match the compatible hardware list of the ADB driver, so add the hardware id to the list - hack, so I thought I would give it a try. After finding out the last part (&MI_00) of the hardware id that the driver is searching for is missing in the usb stick's id I changed the following:

[Corsair.NTamd64]
%Vengeance2100%		= CorsairDevice,USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0A0A&MI_00

into

[Corsair.NTamd64]
%Vengeance2100%		= CorsairDevice,USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0A0A

As expected the driver does now correctly recognize the usb stick as a compatible device. So I installed the driver for the device, but Windows is throwing out 2 errors repeating after each other.

Code 10: This device cannot start. (This message is shown for approximately 7 seconds)

Code 45: Currently this device is not connected to the computer. Reconnect the device. (This message is shown for approximately 1 second)

So, now is my question: Can I change something on the software side to make it work again or is the usb stick dead on arrival?:mad:

I've tried it on another pc and it works. So the hardware is fine. I think the problem is or a Windows 7 issue or it's because I had the Corsair Vengeance 2000 headset before on this pc. So the question is. What do I have to delete/clean up to make this work?

Fully uninstall all the Corsair software relating to either the 2000 or 2100. Then, after a reboot, try the dongle again just with the Windows drivers.

I should have mentioned I tried that aswell. I rebooted the system several times. Installed all the Windows 7 updates.

The only difference I can find between the 2 pc's is that the pc that gets the wrong hardware id has Windows 7 ultimate, and the pc that gets the right hardware id runs on Windows 7 Premium. But that shouldn't be a problem at all.

What can I do?

Thanks for the help so far. I follow the instructions, but it didn't fix the problem. The headset is still showing up with the wrong hardware id:

http://i.imgur.com/Mowr90N.png

It should be

%Vengeance2100%		= CorsairDevice,USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0A0A&MI_00

Like it is defined in the driver info file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\Corsair Headset Software\Driver\Package\corsveng2k.inf"

I had a similar problem with mine and this is what I found out and might be the same with you. The dongle cradle is bad. I didn't think about that, I thought it may be my usb header on my mother board. So I lent it to a friend to check out and that is what he found out. It was doing the same thing with him. So instead of using the cradle he just plug the dongle straight into the computer.

I had a similar problem with mine and this is what I found out and might be the same with you. The dongle cradle is bad. I didn't think about that, I thought it may be my usb header on my mother board. So I lent it to a friend to check out and that is what he found out. It was doing the same thing with him. So instead of using the cradle he just plug the dongle straight into the computer.

Thanks for sharing your view on the subject. However I've tried it with and without the cradle, and for me the results doesn't change.

Well, I FOUND THE SOLUTION!

I stumbled on a thread at Microsoft while I was searching for another problem I had with my Windows 7. The usb.info file was missing in C:/Windows/Inf/ which made Windows 7 unable to download any drivers. If someone has the same problem as me in the future. Here is the solution:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/previously-known-usb-devices-stop-being-recognized/b9951796-1b8d-4786-8c94-a7ca5a91cc26

Archived