Corsair Community

mic issue

adajer

I am having the exact same problem on ventrilo. I don't know if the 1300s have active noise canceling technology. They do have vents on both ends ofthe microphone leading me to believe it does. The problem to me seems that the outside end of the mic is the one that is recording and the inside that I talk into is being actively canceled. When I test my voice, background noise comes in clear as day and I am barely audible.

I started to recommend this product to my friends but this is a very terrible design flaw. I don't think I will ever buy corsair again if this cant be fixed.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't know how to do that, but when i test it in ventrillo, the background noise comes in loud and clear from 1 foot away to the other side of the house. My voice sounds somewhat muffled but it is audible.

I feel like I am getting the run-around from you guys and it is really pissing me off. I called to ask for rma and got sent to a tech support line which went immediately to voicemail. I tried to request rma on the website and that seems to have done nothing, no confirmation, and when i try to check the status of my rma it is acting like I haven't submitted one yet.

• 2 weeks later...
OK time for a big laugh. Didnt RMA, turns out, the whole time I had the in-line mute switch on. it is working fine now, noise cancellation is working, its i little static-y when I plug it in to my KB but its working correctly now, sorry for the troubles. Corsair is back in my good book, good day good sir.

Archived