Corsair Community

Icue/LL120 fans/commander pro/ RGB hub Troubleshooting

Wraithsentry

I have a Commander Pro with the RGB Hub on LED port 1 of my Commander Pro with 6 LL120 Fans and LED port 2 has 4 RGB strips on it. RGB Hub fans 5 and 6 have stopped illuminating no matter if I'm signed in or out, regardless or if I try to assign effects to them. They all ran fine until I recently updated iCue and the firmware on my Commander Pro.

I uninstalled iCue and reinstalled it and tried to run it again. I tried altering settings in software, nothing. I uninstalled iCue entirely and reinstalled Cue and Link as I had before iCue released, still no luck. I tried updating the firmware on all of my components, and while that processed without issue I am still having this issue.

I unplugged my RGB hub and installed another one, still fans 5 and 6 won't illuminate. I reversed the order of the lines so fan 6 to port 1, fan 5 to port 2 and so on. Now Fans 4-6 were illuminated but 1-3 weren't. So now I KNOW that the fans 5 and 6 aren't bad, and I am pretty certain that the RGB Hub isn't the issue because I've tried 2 of them with the similar results.

I could possibly change out the Commander Pro, however I'm feeling pretty certain this is a software/firmware issue and I'd like to get some advice on that as while Hardware Troubleshooting is my thing, software troubleshooting IS NOT. Not to mention just swapping out that RGB hub was a pain enough to swap, I can't imagine what a pain it would be to unwire and rewire my Commander Pro. Though I'm pretty much willing to do whatever to get my PC back together again.

Help me Corsair, you're my only hope

Archived