Corsair Community

Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Prof Wifi - CMK32GX4M2B3200C16 - POST and memory BRICK

Darkness1015

Memory is CMK32GX4M2B3200C16

CPU: I5-8600k

Motherboard: Gigabyte Auros Pro WiFi - F6 BIOS

2 week old build

System working. Power on system, get 5 beeps, motherboard LED is red on dram. Tried both memory sticks in all slot combinations, tried 1 memory stick in all slots, same error. So I thought maybe I got a bad memory kit. RMA the memory with Amazon. Get 2 brand new sticks. Put them in, everything works fine all day. Power off the system at night.

Power on the system next morning, 5 beeps, motherboard led is red on dram. Tried all memory slot combinations again, same problem.

Now, the chances of me getting two separate memory kits that are bad is pretty slim. I also pulled the CMOS battery and cleared the CMOS jumper to try to have the BIOS use default settings to POST or retrain the memory, same 5 beeps/led. No clue why the BIOS wont POST after a CMOS clear.

Take a friends G.Skillz 2100Mhz to get the system to POST. Now when I install the corsair (along side the G.Skillz, otherwise the system wont POST with just the corsair) the BIOS wont even recognize the corsair memory. Only on one occasion did it seem to recognize it, and in that case it was showing it at 49,152MB of memory !!

What could be happening where now the memory isn't even recognized by the BIOS ?

This memory is also on Gigabytes QVL: http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Memory/mb_memory_z390-aorus-pro-wifi_20181018.pdf

Motherboard specs: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z390-AORUS-PRO-WIFI-rev-10#sp

• Corsair Employee

Hello Darkness1015,

You may want to try a previous BIOS. The latest (F6) says it improves DRAM stability, but it could have also had an opposite effect. I had to stick to a previous BIOS on my Z87 HERO board, because on the later version my overclock for CPU and memory became unstable, but wasn't in actual use.

Archived