Corsair Community

H100i questions (firmware / leaking policy)

leoxtxt

I'm planning to pick up tomorrow the brand new H100i in order to replace my lovely D14, since its my first time with this type of LCS coolers I've a few questions, would be nice if someone can answer them:

1) I'll be using my 4 x GT 1850RPM connected to my Lamptron fan controller, is it necessary then to plug the USB connector into my motherboard or the pump won't work properly ?.

2) Has there been any reported cases of leaking H100i ? I understand Corsair USA policy was to replace or compensate for any damaged piece of hardware caused by a leaking unit, does it apply worldwide ? I live in Israel, i've checked with all the stores here and none of them will even consider to take look if a faulty unit decides to leak coolant into my very expensive system (2700k / z77x-up7 / CF 7970 vapor-x). It's very important for me to know how Corsair handle this type of cases, the H100i looks and performs amazingly but i won't take the risk if the leaking policy only applies for USA/Canada.

3) Regarding the firmware, since i wont connect my fans to the H100i, is it mandatory to upgrade the firmware to the latest version ?.

4) Last but not least, the unit is compatible with my case right ? (CM HAF-X).

Thank you.

(1) to the best of my knowledge, the USB is for the Link software only.

(2) each case of a leaking cooler is handled on a case by case basis, there is no official "we will replace all parts damaged" claim in the warranty, nor is there one in any watercooling system mfg. its a risk we all take introducing liquid in an electronic system.

there is no policy that covers you 100%. if a leak does happen they will try to work with you the best they can but please dont think you are covered for everything.

(1) to the best of my knowledge, the USB is for the Link software only.

(2) each case of a leaking cooler is handled on a case by case basis, there is no official "we will replace all parts damaged" claim in the warranty, nor is there one in any watercooling system mfg. its a risk we all take introducing liquid in an electronic system.

there is no policy that covers you 100%. if a leak does happen they will try to work with you the best they can but please dont think you are covered for everything.

I don't, but if the policy of covering the damage caused by a leaking unit only applies for the USA/Canada then its a huge risk for other people that live all around the world, specially if you have more than 1500USD worth of hardware, do you agree ?.

ps: I understand they handle each case personally but my question is if they do the same worldwide...

Yes, it applies world wide.

Thanks for the answer, I've two more questions if you don't mind:

- If i don't plug my 4 fans into the H100i it is necessary then to upgrade to the latest firmware ?

- Is it mandatory to connect the H100i using the USB header ? or i can skip that since i've my fans connected to another fan controller and i really don't need a dedicated software only to change LED colors.

Thanks for the answer, I've two more questions if you don't mind:

- If i don't plug my 4 fans into the H100i it is necessary then to upgrade to the latest firmware ?

- Is it mandatory to connect the H100i using the USB header ? or i can skip that since i've my fans connected to another fan controller and i really don't need a dedicated software only to change LED colors (the pump speed will be the same ?).

I'd be nice if someone from Corsair Support could answer my last 2 questions, specially since i am supposed to get the H100i in a couple of hours.

1. If i don't plug my 4 fans into the H100i it is necessary then to upgrade to the latest firmware ?

No, You do not have to update the firmware if you are going to plug the fans onto a fan controller.

2. Is it mandatory to connect the H100i using the USB header ? or i can skip that since i've my fans connected to another fan controller and i really don't need a dedicated software only to change LED colors (the pump speed will be the same ?).

No, its not mandatory to connect the H100i to a USB header. If you don't want to use it (dashboard) you don't have to. The dashboard only affects the fans connected to the H100i and the L.E.D. The dashboard will not affect the pump speed. It will run at a constant speed.

I've installed my H100i, i did a dry test outside the case in order to check for leaks but i still have two questions:

- Is it necessary to open my case and take a look at the tubes everyday or if it didn't leak since the start it won't leak in the future ?.

- According to my MB the pump RPM is 2250-2260, is that correct ?.

By the way, i am using 2 x SP 120 HP both connected to the MB, i hope it won't cause troubles since i am not using the H100i fan controller neither the USB header for the Corsair Link.

ps: Performance wise it matches my D14 with 3 x GT 1450RPM but at least now i've got my 1st PCIe slot clear (G1.Sniper 3) and the case looks better.

http://i.imgur.com/24Y1Vm.jpg

I've installed my H100i, i did a dry test outside the case in order to check for leaks but i still have two questions:

- Is it necessary to open my case and take a look at the tubes everyday or if it didn't leak since the start it won't leak in the future ?.

By the way, i am using 2 x SP 120 HP both connected to the MB, i hope it won't cause troubles since i am not using the H100i fan controller neither the USB header for the Corsair Link.

ps: Performance wise it matches my D14 with 3 x GT 1450RPM but at least now i've got my 1st PCIe slot clear (G1.Sniper 3) and the case looks better.

http://i.imgur.com/24Y1Vm.jpg

Forgot to tell, i just noticed a screw went "a bit" too far inside the radiator, according to this picture it looks like a bent fin, is there any chance i did hit a pipe ? I've been watching the radiator for the last 10 minutes but i dont think there is leak...

http://i.imgur.com/BxUQlm.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/xShQMm.jpg

if its dry for a few hours,you should be fine

yes thats normal rpm

as long as the fans are running,hookup is optional

Archived