Corsair Community

RGB Void Pro Wireless - Windows volume

Laffi

Hello. I have been asking for a very long time from the store I bought my headset from, but they can't answer me.

My problem is that my headset volume button controls the Windows volume, and not ITSELF. For me that makes me unable to get the full use out of the

sound volume, which has to be set on 10 so I don't blow out my ears.

If anyone got a solution to how to make my volume button control ITSELF, and not the Windows volume controller, I would be very happy. I want to be able to have the Windows volume at 100 (and everything else), but then control the volume on the headset, without affecting the windows bar.

On my old headset Windows is set at 100, and there is pretty good sound.

(I also have a 2ndary problem: When charged up, the headset mic never shows as green. It shows as red though.)

Jeezes. This must have been my worst buy ever.

So many months in conversation with the shop, forum and check

the Internet for information, and I get nothing.

It's gone soon 2 months since I bought it, and I am still using my old

headset with a wire.

• Corsair Employee
As Toasted has stated, all of the digital Headsets we currently offer control the Windows system volume, and do not feature an independent volume control for just the headset by design. The Void Pro Surround and HS50 are the only headsets that have independent volume control since they are analog headsets, with the Void Pro Surround having a digital dongle for the Dolby 7.1 emulation.

• 7 months later...

When i made the switch for windows 7 to 10 it when from not controlling the system sound to doing so. so there should be a way to do so

Edit

(now that im looking at how windows 10 handles sounds it looks like it by device vs windows 7 was systems sound and it might just be the way that windows sees but there got be away to do it but it mostlikly going to be a driver thing)

Archived