Corsair Community

Replacing the h55 with a h115i on a MSI 1080 Seahawk

toshbar

Note: I understand doing these modifications will void any warranties I have. I'm just curious for the time being and any insight will be much appreciated.

I have a few questions in regards to a MSI seahawk (1080 version if it matters).

Firstly:

Since the seahawk uses the h55, is it replaceable with another AIO corsair cooler? I can't seem to find a breakdown video so I don't know how it's attached to the card.

Secondly:

280mm radiator with 4 fans in 2push/2pull at a low rpm will dissipate more heat than a 120mm radiator with 1 fan in push at a high rpm correct?

I'm asking because I want my Seahawk to be silent i'm thinking that a h115i with more fans I will be able to run quieter. I'm not satisfied with the noise output h55 fan at a high fan rpm required keep the gpu cool. (I replaced the fan with dual ML120mm fans but the point still stands. 4 140mm fans should dissipate much more heat at a lower rpm than 2 120mm fans...i think)

Thirdly:

Do all of the Corsair AIO coolers use the same pumps? I can't seem to find a definite answer on this. Do the newer coolers have quieter pumps? Tying into that, does the h115i, or any dual fan rad, have a quieter pump than the h55? The h55's pump is pretty noticeable in my fractal design r5. Much more noticeable than I would have imagined

• 4 weeks later...

Archived