Corsair Community

H100i Warranty period as the pump died

charleee

• 3 weeks later...
Hi all ,Just an update to say corsair have been very good to me so far and the rma process is approved and the procedure has been smooth and they have been updating me alot so i am happy just waiting on them to check the problem and send a replacement Edited by charleee

• 1 year later...
Hi all ,Just an update to say corsair have been very good to me so far and the rma process is approved and the procedure has been smooth and they have been updating me alot so i am happy just waiting on them to check the problem and send a replacement

Hello, my computer is suffering from overheating ( very weird type - steady 5 degree C increase from temp at bootup).

I am guessing this is pump failure or something

I also have h100i on 3rd gen i7

Can you kindly tell me the warranty coverage years of h100i?

Is it 5 years?

I bought it on October 15, 2015, am I still covered under warranty

It is generally 5 years, but officially this varies by country and local laws. You also will need a copy of the purchase invoice to establish the start date.

That said, if you can watch your CPU temp tick upwards 45...50..55..60.. ...75..80.. etc. on the desktop, then you likely have a zero flow state. It could be the pump is not spinning. It could be blocked. Both require replacement. Use the Support Ticket System link in the header at the top.

It is generally 5 years, but officially this varies by country and local laws. You also will need a copy of the purchase invoice to establish the start date.

That said, if you can watch your CPU temp tick upwards 45...50..55..60.. ...75..80.. etc. on the desktop, then you likely have a zero flow state. It could be the pump is not spinning. It could be blocked. Both require replacement. Use the Support Ticket System link in the header at the top.

Thank you for such quick reply, it was a surprise.

Yes my overheating is very weird, it increases exactly by 5 degrees C, from boot temp until 90 or so when I manually shut it down so as to not fry my pc. I've never seen such systematic overheating like this.

I've never handled the cooler in a rough manner. I wonder why it is failing now.

I have a digital copy of the invoice, I hope that is enough.

Edited by Sam10

It certainly appears to be a blocked flow or dead pump. I suspect you would have noticed a 0 rpm on the pump or the resulting CPU boot error. One thing to check is make sure the CPU Fan header (or whichever MB header is supplying power) is set to 100% or control "disabled". This is easy to forget about on BIOS updates where it sets it back to default low %. Aside from that, it is highly likely this cooler is at its end.

It's not your fault. These things were meant to be limited time use devices. Anything zero maintenance will eventually reach its end.

Hello, my computer is suffering from overheating ( very weird type - steady 5 degree C increase from temp at bootup).

I am guessing this is pump failure or something

I also have h100i on 3rd gen i7

Can you kindly tell me the warranty coverage years of h100i?

Is it 5 years?

I bought it on October 15, 2015, am I still covered under warranty

Its 5 years