Corsair Community

New build 570X HELP!

HSV_NME

Hi

Trying to build a new case but am utterly confused over how I should be wiring every thing up. i have The ASUS strix 270E Gaming MOBO with aura sync. I understand that I will not be able to control RGB with this, but how do I correctly connect the following so as not to fry parts?

570X RGB case (I will be using 1 or 2 of the standard fans)

6x HD120 fans (with controllers)

lighting node pro

Can all of that be synced in some way? I have read a ton of post with massive warnings on how to/ not to use things together as you can fry RGB leds and some issues with AURA and Corasir link conflicts with RGB Ram (I have GSkill RGB) Any or all help would be greatly appretiated

Thanx

Welcome Aboard buddy.

1.The Hd/sp 120/140 fans have 2 cables,, RGB control and Power/RPM Control.

2. Lighting node pro can handle up to 8 strips (4 x strips per channel) or 4 x strips and 6 Corsair rgb fans (using the Corsair RGB Fan LED Hub) Per Channel or 12 Corsair rgb fans (using 2 x Corsair RGB Fan LED Hub) Per Channel

3. Commander Pro can handle up to 8 strips (4 x strips per channel) or 4 x strips and 6 Corsair rgb fans (using the Corsair RGB Fan LED Hub) Per Channel or 12 Corsair rgb fans (using 2 x Corsair RGB Fan LED Hub) Per Channel

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Set Up

1. The RGB cables will plug into the 6 ports of one of the Corsair RGB Fan LED Hub's that come with your fans. (you wont be needing the button controller)

2. The Hub will then plug into one of the two led channels on the Lighting node pro (i assume you have 4 strips also. these will daisy chain into the other lighting node pro Led channel).

3. Both the Corsair RGB Fan LED Hub and the lighting node pro will need their sata power connectors connecting to your psu and the Litghing node pro will also plug into a usb header on your motherboard.

The above will allow you to sync the RGB side of your fans and strips in Corsair Link (dont forget to select the type of fan/strip in use on that channel and then click the '+' button in Corsair link in Configure panel for the lighting node pro to add the items needed)

as for RPM control. should you also wish to control the RPM side of the HD120's from Corsair Link then you would also need a Commander Pro.

4qcqpWr.jpg

or

LFYVKSJ.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You also mention standard fans,, i assume you mean the supplied Sp120's.. if also using strips then you have no option left for syncing those in Corsair Link Due to only having 2 led channels.

to get around this you would need another lighting node pro or a Commander pro. (i recommend the Commander Pro)

Commander Pro along Side the Lighting Node Pro would gain you 4 Led channels.. 2 internal Usb headers... Rpm control for 6 Fans. 4 Temperature Probes.

you would plug the 2 Corsair RGB Fan LED Hub's into the 2 led channels of the commander pro (one for hd120's and one for sp120's) and your strips into the Lighting Node Pro...

as for rpm control. i assume the extra fans are for some push/pull action on a rad?

Here is how i have set up the RGB side of my build set up

VgwpbwF.jpg

dEghQAp.jpg

Hope this helps matey

• Corsair Employee
Welcome Aboard buddy.

1.The Hd/sp 120/140 fans have 2 cables,, RGB control and Power/RPM Control.

2. Lighting node pro can handle up to 8 strips (4 x strips per channel) or 4 x strips and 6 Corsair rgb fans (using the Corsair RGB Fan LED Hub) Per Channel or 12 Corsair rgb fans (using 2 x Corsair RGB Fan LED Hub) Per Channel

3. Commander Pro can handle up to 8 strips (4 x strips per channel) or 4 x strips and 6 Corsair rgb fans (using the Corsair RGB Fan LED Hub) Per Channel or 12 Corsair rgb fans (using 2 x Corsair RGB Fan LED Hub) Per Channel

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Set Up

1. The RGB cables will plug into the 6 ports of one of the Corsair RGB Fan LED Hub's that come with your fans. (you wont be needing the button controller)

2. The Hub will then plug into one of the two led channels on the Lighting node pro (i assume you have 4 strips also. these will daisy chain into the other lighting node pro Led channel).

3. Both the Corsair RGB Fan LED Hub and the lighting node pro will need their sata power connectors connecting to your psu and the Litghing node pro will also plug into a usb header on your motherboard.

The above will allow you to sync the RGB side of your fans and strips in Corsair Link (dont forget to select the type of fan/strip in use on that channel and then click the '+' button in Corsair link in Configure panel for the lighting node pro to add the items needed)

as for RPM control. should you also wish to control the RPM side of the HD120's from Corsair Link then you would also need a Commander Pro.

-see OP for image-

or

-see OP for image-

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You also mention standard fans,, i assume you mean the supplied Sp120's.. if also using strips then you have no option left for syncing those in Corsair Link Due to only having 2 led channels.

to get around this you would need another lighting node pro or a Commander pro. (i recommend the Commander Pro)

Commander Pro along Side the Lighting Node Pro would gain you 4 Led channels.. 2 internal Usb headers... Rpm control for 6 Fans. 4 Temperature Probes.

you would plug the 2 Corsair RGB Fan LED Hub's into the 2 led channels of the commander pro (one for hd120's and one for sp120's) and your strips into the Lighting Node Pro...

as for rpm control. i assume the extra fans are for some push/pull action on a rad?

Here is how i have set up the RGB side of my build set up

-see OP for image-

-see OP for image-

Hope this helps matey

Awesome explanation!

i had it with pipes at the bottom with my old case. no different to now in operation. i just thought it looked tidier that way lol. must admit its a tight squeeze with the 2 hd140's in the top being so close to the pipes..

as for how the strips are wired.. ive not paid that much attention bud but there are threads on here where the guys have made up their own strips.. i prefer my warranty lol

Do you know what way the lights a wired? ie 5v+ R- G- B-, or 5v- R+ G+ B+?

The LEDs on the fans are 5V, Data Return, Data, Ground.

They are Digitally-Individually-Addressable LED systems. WS2812's on the HD120/140 RGB and UCS1903 on the SP120 RGB.

Definitely do not plug them into a common cathode or common anode system. O.o It would fry them right good or just do nothing.

You can find more info at http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165029

Archived