Corsair Community

LL120/LL140 Lighting Issue

clout9_speshul

When I was changing the lighting setup in iCue for my 3 fans (2 LL120 1 LL140), I misclicked, but realized my mistake and changed it to the LL RGB series fan option. When I looked at my PC, I saw that the inner rings on the LL120 fans weren't lit and, and the outer rings were sort of halfway in between each other. All the lights on the LL140 were working, but they also weren't synced properly. I've tried rearranging them on the fan hub, but there wasn't any difference. I've attached a screenshot of the setup in iCue.

If it helps here are some pictures.

Pictures

icue.PNG.54dc29359bfa61ecbd4717575b28deb6.PNG

I can see both LL-fan and HD-fan, you cant mix different fans at the same led-hub.

I actually don't own any HD-fans, you might be seeing that the four LEDs on the inner part of the fan aren't lighting up.

Make sure that the effects are selected on all of the LEDs.

I am about 90% sure all the LEDs are selected with the effects. Four of the LEDs also for some reason "carry over" to another fan. Say, fan 1 is selected. Besides the four LEDs in the center, four other LEDs (when selected in iCue) are lit up on the fan that isn't selected. I'm not sure what is wrong with it, but I will add pictures when I get home.

I actually don't own any HD-fans, you might be seeing that the four LEDs on the inner part of the fan aren't lighting up.

But i am 100% sure, in 2 of the 3 pictures there is HD-fans and the third Picture it is a LL-fan.

LL-fans have only light on one side, HD-fans lights on both sides.

They does not look the same...you must see that.

I own LL-fans in my case and my son have HD-fans in his case, so i know the difference.

The reason that you have the "carry over" effect is that you are mixing fan types on a single hub. As you can see, you can make it work but effects won't be quite right. HD fans have 12 LEDs and LL fans have 16. So if you have HDs configured as LLs, the first 12 will apply to the HD fan and the next 4 will "carry over". It's all about the LED count.

But i am 100% sure, in 2 of the 3 pictures there is HD-fans and the third Picture it is a LL-fan.

LL-fans have only light on one side, HD-fans lights on both sides.

They does not look the same...you must see that.

I own LL-fans in my case and my son have HD-fans in his case, so i know the difference.

My bad, I just looked at the product page for the Spec-Omega and it said it had the HD-fans. I swear I read somewhere that it had LL-fans...

Archived