Corsair Community

Editing macros without using CUE

frigate

Thanks for the advice. I checked out those programs and others too. If it becomes unbearable and I hit a wall with Cue software, I will have to resort to that.

In the meantime, I just went ahead and hard-coded the macro with the specific hotkeys to pull up each game character client window, along with its own set of key operations. It's not elegant or efficient, sort of like applying duct tape, for programming.

Corsair should let users resize it's application window, thus enlarging the macro programming viewing area. After some 30+ years of Windows and the idea of resizing windows, Cue is unable to let users resize their software's window.

Thanks for the advice. I checked out those programs and others too. If it becomes unbearable and I hit a wall with Cue software, I will have to resort to that.

In the meantime, I just went ahead and hard-coded the macro with the specific hotkeys to pull up each game character client window, along with its own set of key operations. It's not elegant or efficient, sort of like applying duct tape, for programming.

Corsair should let users resize it's application window, thus enlarging the macro programming viewing area. After some 30+ years of Windows and the idea of resizing windows, Cue is unable to let users resize their software's window.

Up vote, that the macro editing window size is ridiculous. What does this mean? "hard-coded the specific hotkeys to pull up each game character client window..." Did this help you? Are you able to edit the macros in a larger window somehow?

Using Autohotkey would have some difficulties adding macros to extra keys on a keyboard and to the mouse(?)

• 1 month later...

Hard-coded means:

I wanted to make an iCue macro to cycle through all my client windows, one at a time. The problem is that it irritatingly randomly skips several windows at a time per keypress.

What I ended up doing was to hard-code the specific hotkey for each client window into the macro itself. This is less than ideal since I wouldn't be able to interrupt the macro, make needed corrections, and have the macro continue along in the cycle of client windows. Starting the macro up again makes it go to the first client and perform the entire cycle again.

In any case, having the macro editing window the size of a thumbnail is grossly short-sighted. Further, there must be a search function available to search for specific commands in that macro, or... just make macros editable in a text editor.

My current macro project involves a map navigation exercise. There are over 20,000 lines of offset pointer and pauses. This is only for a very short travel distance, about 20 seconds of running around on the map.

Archived