Corsair Community

H80i v2 Reporting Issues

Chasim

I am running Corsair Link v. 4.2.2.27 with an H80i v2 on a new build with an Asus Z170 Pro Gaming motherboard and Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. Corsair Link seems to generally be working fine with two exceptions:

(1) When I look at the H80i v2 section, it reports Temp and Pump speed and also reports Fan speed, but only shows one fan? I know with my old H80i and v. 3 of Corsair Link that it showed (and allowed you to control) both fans? The funny thing is that it also reports Fan #1 with speed in the motherboard section, but I am pretty certain that Fan #1 on the motherboard is actually the CPU fan, where the H80i v2 is plugged in. If Fan #1 is an H80i v2 fan, I don't understand why its speed reports as significantly different (lower) than the Fan speed reporting in the H80i v2 section?

(2) The fan speed for my Nvidia GTX 970 doesn't report (although I vaguely recall that this problem might be a version bug).

Thanks for any help!

1. The H80iV2 only has one fan controller which controls both fans so only one fan speed can be reported. As you change the H80iV2 fan speed does a motherboard fan speed change?
  2. Yes, there is a bug. The GTX 970 fan should be on [Home], but missing from [Configure] as are the motherboard fans.

I tested it and watched when the H80i v2 fan speed increased but the Motherboard Fan #1 speed did not change - it stays around 900 rpm. I am stumped as to what Fan #1 is because #2 and #3 are definitely my two front case fans and I don't have any other fans (except the 2 with the H80i v2). Maybe it is picking up the PSU fan, although it is a Corsair HX850i and I don't have the CL for it plugged in.

As far as not reporting the 2 H80i v2 fans separately, I guess that's fine, although the fans definitely reported separately on my H80i (which had the exact same connections).

Thanks.

The Asetek H80iV2 and CoolIT H80i are different, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=795986 and the next few posts.

I feel the CL4 names of "Fan #n" are not helpful. My software reports the names of the motherboard headers and you typically get CPU Fan, CHA Fan 1, etc.. on [Cooling Status] which makes it far easier to know which fan is which.

The HX850i fan speed can only be read via the USB cable.

Archived