Corsair Community

Obsidian 700D / 800D Case Gallery

Feel free to join the 800D group and add pictures of your 800D case config to the group!

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/group.php?groupid=4

You can access any group as well as Pictures and Albums from the Community menu at the top of any page. From there create an album for your case and upload pictures. You can either add pictures to the group one at a time from your album, or add links to the pictures from the group itself. Send me a quick PM if you've added pics to your gallery so I can approve them for public viewing.

Feel free to add pics to this thread and/or start a build thread, but the GALLERY is there for PICS ya know :)

Sidenote: Would anyone be interested in a Build Log sub-forum and/or the ability to have Build Log Blogs here?

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Wish I still had my RC 4 Wheel Drive pickup, I could add some of those pieces, course I would likely need parts from the tank RC to get this thing moving when it is loaded up. I wonder if I could get a track that long to put on both sides.

I tried posting to the gallery but don't see the pics, I may have done something wrong though as it was late and my head was knee deep into researching another mod and then you got me started with the Remote control thing LOL. The battery and motors wouldn't be hard to set up. I just have to fond a way to drive the wheel or a track and put in a transmitter. Man I wish I hadn't tossed out my RC gear.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi just finish my build and i think is pretty nice, tell my what do you think about it?:sunglasse

Chills,

Looks nice, very nice. :D: Especially the third picture.

About your watercooling. One loop or two? Which vendors and parts?

Chills,

Looks nice, very nice. :D: Especially the third picture.

About your watercooling. One loop or two? Which vendors and parts?

Feser X-Changer 120mm Xtreme Performance Radiator

Feser X-Changer 360mm Xtreme Performance Radiator

Koolance CPU-350 waterblock

Koolance EVGA X58 Classified waterblock

Bitspower compression fittings

Swiftech MCP655-B 1/2in. Water Pump with bitspower housing kit

Tygon R-3603 Laboratory Tubing, 1/2" ID x 3/4" OD x 1/8" Wall

twinplex XT di-Design Southbridge MSI P35 G1/8 (for the RAID controller card)

8 X Scythe GentleTyphoon 120mm 1,450 rpm

Feser One UV Cooling Fluid

:sunglasse

As stated above, if you don't have a facebook account you can't see facebook albums. Your album here works fine: http://forum.corsair.com/forums/album.php?albumid=33

Album pictures don't show up until I approve them, and I hadn't checked yesterday for new pics :)

Guys, if you have an album here, add the pics to the group above so there's a central gallery :) Don't need to re-upload them, just go into your gallery and check the appropriate box.

I am not quite done with it. I still have wiring and tubing to run and waiting on a few last minute parts but it is getting there.

I started by adding wheels to the case. I then tore out the lower hard drive cage and added a fan to the lower front of the case. Today I cut out for the 140mm Radiator in the bottom and installed the grill, radiator and fan. I then installed the waterblock on my Classified, installed it in my case and then installed the H50 and my 3 vid cards(no alignment problems), and then installed my 360 in the top. I still have to add the fans and shrouds but I thought I should run my tubing and wiring first so that will be my project for mext weekend so I can do my 24 hour leak check on the system before I fire it up.

My Album:

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/album.php?albumid=32

What the hell Dude!! you have your pc parts all over your floor like that! wow. :eek: :confused:

You never want to have pc parts" like that on the floor just all over the place, your son did not even have on EMS strap:eek:.Get your self desk and build your self a lab in a corner or in a room in your home..

I would through a fit if someone put my PC on floor like that. :bigeyes:

I am not quite done with it. I still have wiring and tubing to run and waiting on a few last minute parts but it is getting there.

I started by adding wheels to the case. I then tore out the lower hard drive cage and added a fan to the lower front of the case. Today I cut out for the 140mm Radiator in the bottom and installed the grill, radiator and fan. I then installed the waterblock on my Classified, installed it in my case and then installed the H50 and my 3 vid cards(no alignment problems), and then installed my 360 in the top. I still have to add the fans and shrouds but I thought I should run my tubing and wiring first so that will be my project for mext weekend so I can do my 24 hour leak check on the system before I fire it up.

My Album:

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/album.php?albumid=32

All Tile and wood flooring in my house. Carpet wouldn't last long with 5 dogs and my son wasn't doing anything with any components, I do all of that and I am quite aware of static charges hence no carpet in my house. We had just finished making two new holes for the other tubing to run through, I installed a few components and we were cleaning up at this point so the grounding strap is put away already. My desk is already occupied with 3 computers, a USB turntable, DVR, and DVD player and there is more light in the kitchen area is why I work in there plus it is easier to clean up the metal shavings and blow out the case on tile. Even my furniture is leather but the dogs can chew it so the chair is trashed. Besides, the floor has more room :)

I have been building this way for years and never had a single component die to static charge. If I had carpet then I might worry about it. I am waiting on a couple fittings for the lower radiator and then I can finish up the leak check and start the wiring, yup, I have nothing electrical hooked up yet either and won't until after the leak check is completed. The cord if for my Dremel I use to cut stuff up :)

Hello guys,

I've been researching about a new case for a long time. Was 90% over the Lian Li A20,A71,A77 and V2110, but as soon as I saw the D800 it was a love from first sight. The color, the setup, the cable management...amazing!!!

However, there is one big problem and that is HEAT :( a lot of the reviews online post super hot temps and one of the sites the reviewing guy had to reverse the rear fan on the H50 to make it intake and put two additional 120mm on top to exhaust the hot air.

I'd greatly appreciate if some of lucky guys with ready rigs can post temps + fans setup + noise levels.

I literally run my PC 24/7 and feel much more comfortable with air setup vs WC.

I'd greatly appreciate your feedback.

P.S. Corsair should have had the whole case black matte. It'd have been MAD P.I.M.P. :)

So, I was a fan of XXXX 1200 case, but when Obsidian was relesed in sweden I felt that I was in love!!! This is the best case I have owned. Verry good features and lost of room to work in. For watercooling this is according to me the greatest case ever. There is some issues that need to be solwed in the future. Screws for holding the pci slots bracket that are slightly of centre.

Otherwise this is a really nice and good loocking case with great powder coating and looks.

Corsair have once more convinced me to keep buying there products.

Keep the good work up!!!

Fredrik

P1010610.thumb.JPG.417859628416eab856f2dc8e1c2797e5.JPG

P1010617.thumb.JPG.b8237fdd58fe1efb126406737701e548.JPG

P1010601.thumb.JPG.7eda891d8c6f11a71f22ad52f56b890c.JPG

P1010605.thumb.JPG.31961d64237ca36cc05073dabf10d197.JPG

P1010607.thumb.JPG.10a2ac2547581143591de5b4ec70ae7e.JPG

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb114/Cereal_GY/DSC00950.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb114/Cereal_GY/DSC00951.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb114/Cereal_GY/DSC00953.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb114/Cereal_GY/DSC00949.jpg

Archived