Corsair Community

Do Commander Pro and Lighting Node Pro work without OS?

rgbuser

Hi, I read that these two controllers are connected to the motherboard via an internal usb 2.0 header. Do fan control and default rgb works regardless of OS?

I can imagine that one needs to go to Windows to change the rgb pattern. What about just default color pattern and fan control? Will that work without OS?

Thanks. I wonder if the loaded "hardware lighting" profile (if exist)/rainbow pattern will be shown under Linux then.

The main concern is if the cpu and case fans will run properly without the OS, under BIOS and under Linux. I think the fans are connected to a controller which connects to the motherboard via a usb2.0 header. I wonder if those things will work even without the Windows OS (e.g. under BIOS, Linux)?

Thanks. I wonder if the loaded "hardware lighting" profile (if exist)/rainbow pattern will be shown under Linux then.
Yes, as long as a hardware lighting is set on your device (via iCue etc. on Windows), they should be working when iCue isn't running, even when running in BIOS, a different OS or no OS at all.

Archived