Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-06-2017, 04:12 AM
LogicalUnit's PC Specs

POST ID # = 902153
LogicalUnit Reputation: 10
Default Too many fans

Hi everyone,

I just built a new gaming PC using a Corsair H110i CPU cooler, 3 Corsair ML140 Pro Mag Lev fans, and an ASUS ROG Strix X99 Gaming motherboard (BIOS 1504).

I have installed Corsair Link 4.6.0.86, and I am having a problem detecting the correct number of case fans.

The H110i dummy connector is connected the the CPU_FAN header, and the 3 fans are connected to Chassis Fan #1, Chassis Fan #2, and HAmp.

The problem is that Corsair Link detects 7 case fans, and won't let me control their speeds at all. The two fans attached to the H110i work properly.

Any idea how to fix this?

Many thanks

Old 05-06-2017, 04:25 AM
LogicalUnit's PC Specs

POST ID # = 902155

Okay, so it turns out that 3 of these fans are for some sort of extension controller that connects to the motherboard. So it's correct that I have 7 fans.

But I still can't control them. I'd really like to control all my fans with one piece of software, rather than Corsair Link + ASUS AI Suite 3.

Last edited by LogicalUnit; 05-06-2017 at 04:33 AM.

Old 05-06-2017, 04:58 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 902163
red-ray Reputation: 81
Thumbs down Not enough information

The http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118371 thread created by RAM GUY specifies Corsair Link + ASUS AI Suite should not be used at the same time and there are many other threads/posts such as http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118659 which also state this.

I would be more likely to help you if you used http://forum.corsair.com/forums/profile.php?do=extra to add your PC specs to your profile.

For me to sensibly comment you need to attach the CL4 [home] tab screen shot to the post. It would make it easier if you also posted the [Cooling Status] panel from my SIV utility.

Old 05-06-2017, 07:26 AM
LogicalUnit's PC Specs

POST ID # = 902172

Hi, thanks for the reply. Sorry I didn't provide enough information to start with.

I have updated my computer specs in the control panel, and here are the screenshots from CL4 and SIV you requested.
Attached Images
File Type: png CorsairLink4.PNG (226.9 KB, 1161 views)
File Type: png CoolingStatus.PNG (50.1 KB, 1043 views)

Old 05-06-2017, 07:58 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 902174
Sigh.. CL4 is double reporting some fans and not reporting some fans at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalUnit View Post

I suspect CL4 is double reporting some fans and not reporting some fans at all. It's been this way a long time, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=805421.

I expect Fan #2 + Fan #6 are the same fan. If you unplug each fan in turn and watch the two panels you should be able to figure out the others.

AFAIK CL4 does not report sensors which report via the EC (Embedded Controller) at all. This is why SIV reports far more temperatures than CL4 and 8 CHA FAN 2B + 3B.

CL4 will not control motherboard fans and you would need to get a CLCC to have CL4 control them.

How come CL4 did not report your Corsair HX750i?

I suspect AI Suite was active and as it's poorly engineered and fails to use locks this caused SIV to misread information from D Ext Fan 1, etc. ASUS failing to use locks causes far worse issues such as corrupting DIMM SPD data.

Obviously I don't support SIV and AI Suite being used at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmor @ ASUS
Aura software and RGB sticks corrupting SPD

If you're using out Aura software and have compatible RGB sticks installed, please make sure you're not running any other software which is reading SPD (CPU-Z, HWMonitor, HWInfo32/64, SIV, AIDA64, Speedfan etc.) or you might end up with a corrupted SPD. Most of the time they will still work fine, but there's a slight chance your sticks might become unusable. It's currently being investigated on our side, until then I have to recommend to uninstall Aura until we've fully assessed the situation. From what I've learned it's a bug present with several different vendors and combinations of both motherboards and DRAM modules.

Last edited by red-ray; 05-06-2017 at 08:03 AM. Reason: Corsair HX750i

Old 05-06-2017, 08:27 AM
LogicalUnit's PC Specs

POST ID # = 902180

It does look like some fans are being double-reported.

The HX750i doesn't appear because I ran out of USB headers on my motherboard. One is connected to USB ports on the case, and the other is connected to the H110i.

If CL4 can't control motherboard fans, it looks like I will have to configure them in my BIOS.

Apart from installing the Commander Mini, are there any other software solutions that can manage both my H110i and motherboard fans?

Old 05-06-2017, 08:37 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 902182

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-ray View Post
I feel the only sensible solution is to get fan controller. With CL4 only the CLCC is supported.

AFAIK the only other software that could control your H110i is my SIV utility which supports the CLCC and a none Corsair one.

Old 05-09-2017, 06:44 AM
snapper69's PC Specs

POST ID # = 902487
snapper69 Reputation: 32

I use a Commander Mini to control my case fans and it works well. I'm trying a few different settings, currently, I have the case fans slaved to the H110i GT temp, with a custom curve that runs them at about 600 rpm which seems to keep the temp OK and is lovely and quiet.

Old 07-04-2017, 02:38 PM
djanthony93's PC Specs

POST ID # = 910371
djanthony93 Reputation: 10

How did you manage to solve this? I noticed that after installing AI Suite LINK detects the correct number of fans installed onto the motherboard. How the motherboard should set up to work correctly with and without LINK?