The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Power Supplies

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.11 average. Display Modes
Old 05-19-2014, 04:20 PM

POST ID # = 711466
Danidasanic Reputation: 10

oh , ok np .. and now john ? this is an aceptable quality unit with AXi standards ?

Old 05-21-2014, 12:34 PM
PSU GUY
jonnyguru's PC Specs

POST ID # = 711638
jonnyguru jonnyguru Reputation: 179
Send a message via ICQ to jonnyguru Send a message via MSN to jonnyguru Send a message via Yahoo to jonnyguru Send a message via Skype™ to jonnyguru

Turns out... Absolutely. This capacitor is doing absolutely no filtering for your DC output. That cap is part of a circuit whose only job is to monitor the AC input voltage for the DSP.

Old 05-22-2014, 11:52 AM

POST ID # = 711752

Thanks Johny

Old 06-04-2014, 10:32 AM

POST ID # = 713802

btw: forgot to say , this psu was the last product that i bought from Corsair . It's unacceptable to have capxon caps (cheap caps) inside a premium psu and you know that Johny

No more recomendations too.

Old 06-04-2014, 10:40 AM
Banned

POST ID # = 713808
Yellowbeard Reputation: 46

The choice to buy lesser brands of PSUs is yours to make. Good luck with whatever brand you choose.

Old 06-04-2014, 10:56 AM

POST ID # = 713813

lesser brands ? like seasonic ,super flower or delta psu's ? at least they dont usualy do gold samples for reviewers only .

Corsair have only one premium psu (for now) , the 1500axi ..all the rest AXi psu's are less premium

btw: I have 3.264v , sometimes 3.24v on 3.3v rail at idle ... this is what you call a quality psu ?..

Last edited by Danidasanic; 06-04-2014 at 10:59 AM.

Old 06-04-2014, 11:13 AM
Banned

POST ID # = 713817
Yellowbeard Reputation: 46

First, we do not send out golden samples. Second, if you are reading the voltages with software this is completely useless.

Old 06-04-2014, 12:14 PM
PSU GUY
jonnyguru's PC Specs

POST ID # = 713824
Send a message via ICQ to jonnyguru Send a message via MSN to jonnyguru Send a message via Yahoo to jonnyguru Send a message via Skype™ to jonnyguru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danidasanic View Post
lesser brands ? like seasonic ,super flower or delta psu's ? at least they dont usualy do gold samples for reviewers only .
To group Seasonic and Super Flower into the same category as a Flextronics built Corsair is laughable and shows ignorance. Flextronics is a manufacturer of server PSUs. The AXi product is the only retail level product they make. Delta is another server PSU company, but they've been moving away from the consumer level product for some time.

Yes, CapXon is not the best capacitor brand. But, like I said, it's part in the PSU is only part of the monitoring circuit and by having a mix of units where some have all NCC and other have one CapXon is hardly giving out golden samples. What about your link to Xbit's review? They had one unit with a CapXon. Why didn't they get a "Golden Sample"?

Quote:
btw: I have 3.264v , sometimes 3.24v on 3.3v rail at idle ... this is what you call a quality psu ?..
Using what? Link? FYI: 3.3V rail has a +/- of 5%. That's an allowable drop of .165V. You're seeing voltages that are -0.06 and you're complaining? Now you're just trolling.

Old 10-19-2014, 06:52 PM

POST ID # = 736685

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyguru View Post
To group Seasonic and Super Flower into the same category as a Flextronics built Corsair is laughable and shows ignorance. Flextronics is a manufacturer of server PSUs. The AXi product is the only retail level product they make. Delta is another server PSU company, but they've been moving away from the consumer level product for some time.
i was giving some examples of good quality brand of psu's and putting on the same category in that perspective..isn't that hard to understand what I said..

Quote:
Yes, CapXon is not the best capacitor brand. But, like I said, it's part in the PSU is only part of the monitoring circuit and by having a mix of units where some have all NCC and other have one CapXon is hardly giving out golden samples.
a premium psu like an AXI model , should have ALL premium" capacitors no matter what u say ...u are just defending ur brand with excuses

IF the model is diferent , CORSAIR should give that info to all consumers or making a diferent revision...maybe the score that u give would be diferent if u saw crapxon caps inside ..i bought this psu thinking that i was getting exaclty the same psu that u reviewed ..sadly it isn't . similar" and equal" isn't the same thing

Quote:
What about your link to Xbit's review? They had one unit with a CapXon. Why didn't they get a "Golden Sample"?
xbit review was done 04\2013 , later than ur review and after selling a bunch of axi 860\760 based on ur review (yes , your imparcial" reviews are a big fact for ppl to consider and buy good" psu's) . I don't even know if this psu reviewed by them was a sample or not , doesn't matter .. what matters is what i already said , Corsair didn't advert any consumer of that or even u (supposedly) , but they sold a bunch of them after ur (almost perfect score) review , fact

Last edited by Danidasanic; 10-19-2014 at 07:03 PM.

Old 11-30-2014, 03:48 PM

POST ID # = 744396
gigabert Reputation: 10
Sigh.. Cap roulette

Quote:
..i bought this psu thinking that i was getting exaclty the same psu that u reviewed ..sadly it isn't . similar" and equal" isn't the same thing..
TRUE!

Ok i kinda was shocked when i found this thread.
I was researching online for weeks now, to find the perfect PSU for my new build.
I am an electonics technican, finding bad caps every day, so i was checking out all available reviews to identify good parts and bad parts in the PSUs.

So same here, because i found all good caps in jonnygurus review, i ordered the AX860i.
I will get it next week, now i will have to stick my endoscope in and look for "X"... not what i expected while paying 200 EUR.

And even if it may work 1-7 years, i dont WANT bad caps anywhere in my products, thats why i am willing to pay more than usual for a good design (internal).

I ordered more Corsair products for this rig btw...
H100i, 4x SP Fans, 4x Vengeance LP, 450D, AX860i...
expecting to get professional gear only, as promised.

Is this even a reason for sending back the product to get a refund?
"I Dont like the caps... other caps than expected..."???

Can there any series of the AX860i with good caps and bad caps be identified though the model, serial or product number?
please PM if there are any signs!

just curious what im going to get next week.
not funny.
cap roulette.

Old 11-30-2014, 03:52 PM
PSU GUY
jonnyguru's PC Specs

POST ID # = 744397

Happy to tell you that they're not "bad caps". They're just not a Japanese brand.

FYI: The Japanese brand caps found in PSUs? They're made in China too.

Old 11-30-2014, 04:18 PM

POST ID # = 744402

thanks jonny for your fast reply!

ok maybe they're not "bad caps" but they're neither "good caps".
referring to the badcaps-forum and engineers experience,
they may cause trouble.

nealry everything is built in china. the difference is in the detail:
japanese brands do use japanese design and japanese electrolytic formulas.

i could sleep better with rubycons,
i wish i never read this thread.

better let my scope under my workbench and just give the AX a try? wish i could.
i know jonny, you know. :)

Last edited by gigabert; 11-30-2014 at 04:41 PM.

Old 11-30-2014, 04:46 PM
PSU GUY
jonnyguru's PC Specs

POST ID # = 744407

Also, the cap in question is not doing any filtering of power. It's used in the logic circuit for the DSP's MCU.

Old 11-30-2014, 04:56 PM

POST ID # = 744409

no ripple, no cry ? :)

Old 11-30-2014, 05:56 PM
PSU GUY
jonnyguru's PC Specs

POST ID # = 744421

No ripple. No cry.

Closed Thread