Corsair Community

H110i GT Pump fail?

Tridiseth

Hi All,

First post after lurking for a while. Unfortunately its on the back of my current misery...

I completed the build of my dream machine on Friday. Smooth build, everything ran great and i managed to get it ready to game on Saturday. It was powered up and running really well for over 8 hours.

Saturday morning I turned on the my machine ready to see Witcher 3 in all its glory and i was hit by a CPU FAN ERROR. I went in to the BIOS and it was showing no reading for the RPM. The radiator fans were running at 100% but the pump LED's were not lit (Corsair logo). I checked all the connections and swapped over the power connection. I've also checked the CPU FAN header with another fan and that's working fine. I've done as suggested on this forum and felt the pipes and pump for vibration while power is on but cant tell if the slight vibration i feel is from the fans or pump.

When idle i'm seeing CPU temps of around 28C rising to no more than 35C under a medium load.

I've logged a ticket with Corsair but with the bank holiday I'm not holding my breath for a quick reply, so any advice would be great.

Do you guys think the pump has failed? RMA time?

Thanks,

John

Update on the ticket:

Created By: Arturo TS (5/25/2015 7:58 AM)

Are you able to disable the monitoring done within the bios? If you ignore the minimum RPM CPU fan header warning, you might be able to boot.

??? Yea I can boot by disabling the monitoring but i want a fully working product... Anyone else had this issue?

With those temps I would be surprised if the pump had failed. If you disble the Bios monitoring and boot into Window, does Link show the pump speed? What happens if you connect the pump to another header? Does the speed show up? You could try putting the pump cable onto a different header and a fan onto the cpu header to test it.

Cheers for the reply snapper. Totally agree on the temp front. If it had failed surely they'd be sky high.

The corsair link software doesn't show the cooler anymore. I've tried the pump plugged into the optional header and I get no joy on that either.

Corsair have since advised me to uninstall the Link software and link dongle (and remove from the registry) and try again on a different header.

I just can't see how windows software would affect the BIOS reading the pump speed?

With the H100iGT plugged into the optional fan header the BIOS should report the fan/pump speed. Does Windows detect a Corsair Integrated USB Bridge? If not then there is an hardware issue, no software will report the H100iGT and I suspect you will need to RMA it. Check the control panel devices and printers. On my system I get:

attachment.php?attachmentid=21809&stc=1&d=1432541258

Hi Red ray. I've checked as you said and Windows is detecting the Corsair Integrated USB Bridge just as in your screen shot.

I've also done exactly as further instructions on my ticket;

Created By: Arturo TS (5/25/2015 8:18 PM)

Once you do that, try this within Windows:

- Uninstall the Corsair Link software and the Corsair Link Dongle through Windows Control Panel

- Go to file explorer, enable "Show hidden files, folder and drives"

- Delete the following directory: C:\Users\"System name"\AppData\Roaming\Corsair

- *OPTIONAL run a registry cleaning software such as CCleaner

- Restart your system

- Install the new Corsair Link software

Make sure only the fans that came with the cooler are being used, and the cooler is connected directly to the CPU fan port.

Still no joy. No LED's, still nothing showing the RPM of the pump, still running at a CPU temp around 29C, still running the radiator fans at 100%. The only thing that has changed is that now one of the 2 radiator fans has stopped running all together.

Wiring fault on the H110i?

I've contacted scan and they have given me an RMA number. I just wanted to exhaust all options, god forbid they'd get it and tell me there's nothing wrong with it and charge me £30. I'm a yorkshire man! ;)

Hi Guys, I've had a bit more correspondence with Corsair on the ticket and he's told me to arrange RMA with Scan so I've pulled it out and boxed it up :( Gutted

Thanks for taking the time to help though, its much appreciated.

Archived