Corsair Community

H110i GT Pump Speed Concern

TszChun.Anson

Hi all,

I am running my 6700k @4.6GHz with 1.375v of Vcore set in UEFI and H110iGT installed. Recently I noticed that the CPU temperature rose to about 90C at load while 40-50C at idle, which were 10-15 degrees higher than when I just started using H110i GT.

Then, I went to Corsair Link to check the pump and fan speed. I noticed that the pump was running at 2800rpm (performance mode selected), which was 200 rpm lower than it was. Therefore, I suspect that the pump's performance has deteriorated and become the cause of raising CPU temperature. May I know if this is a possible and reasonable reason?

However, I remember that I updated Corsair Link before. Is it possible that the newer versions intentionally lower pump's rpm in performance mode?

Thanks very much.

Anson

No, a 200 rpm drop in pump speed can't cause your temperature to go up 10-15C. The normal pump variance is 10% and most people run slightly under 3000 with the performance mode selected. However, that doesn't mean you don't have another issue.

You need to look at the H110i GT Temp in Link/iCUE. Most people will have a coolant temp of 4-7C above the room temp at idle and CPU only load temp of +6C for short duration. If you are idling at 40-50C CPU temp, what is the H110i GT Temp in that state?

I run a 6600K at 4.5Ghz with a VCore of 1.275v, cooled by an H110i GT and my idle temps are in the mid 20's rising to high 40's to low 50's when gaming. My pump is set to quiet and my fans spin at about 900 rpm, so I think that it's unlikely that a 200 rpm drop in pump speed would make much difference. I suspect that the Vcore of 1.375v is more likely to be the problem, it should be possible to get away with between 1.3v and 1.35v.

Don't forget that room (ambient) temperature can also make a difference. If you started using it in the winter and now your room temp is 10 degrees higher, that would have an effect.

Archived